Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well after my poor attempt to find cheap and worthwhile seat covers, I've decided to pay the man and get Wet Okoles, mainly because a member pointed out the waterproofing and they look great. So now that I'm going "all out", there's an option for heated seats, 68 bones extra for both seats. It's tempting, but I'd like to know how well they work. I thought I was done with this seat cover b.s., but apparently not.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
What is the difference between the regular Wet Okole's and the heated Seat option?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They put in a carbon fiber heating element that can be hooked up to a switch. I'm not sure how warm it gets, but it might be worth it in the winter when I'm freezing my a** off.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
They put in a carbon fiber heating element that can be hooked up to a switch. I'm not sure how warm it gets, but it might be worth it in the winter when I'm freezing my a** off.

Got it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I, too, have been looking for seat covers and found the Okole site. I want nice looking, functional and comfortable seat covers. I have a 2010 SR5 and wondered what is required to make the heated option function. I'd like to know what's required to get the "plugs" available to the seats. Anyone have experience after choosing the heated seat option?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got my seat covers at GTCovers. I love em. Paid around 300 for front bucket seats and rear seat. They cover the all the headrests, the arm rests, and they split for the back seat so you can fold em down. I went with a waterproof fabric but you can get anything between leather and velour. Looks like they came factory. 68 bucks isn't bad for heated on both front seats. I would make sure to ask what size the heating elements are and if they use 2 in each seat or just one. If they only use one and it isn't very big I wouldn't do it. I like my whole seat to get toasty :D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts