Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my Wet Okole seat covers for the front and rear of my Doublecab. I was hoping for a group buy but got tired of waiting. I can't wait to get them. I will try and post pics when I get them installed. Should be 2-3 weeks.:) The price was a little high at $582.00 but should be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What color did you get? Definitely post back when you get them - pics and thoughts on how well they fit. :ts:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got black on the outside with color number 21 which is a light gray in the center. I got the TRD off road logo in black. I thought a long time on what color to get. I have a charcoal interior but the charcoal color looked real dark. The light gray matched my seats pretty close. I sent away and had Wet Okole send me swatches but that are pretty small and hard to invision as a whole seat cover.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can you get any custom logo you want on the seat or does it have to be off of some list they have?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The had a list, but they had quite a few toyota logo's.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I would LOVE to get Wet Okle seat covers for my DC!! Congrats! I look forward to seeing pix, AND hearing about how they are to put on.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wet okole's are the sh**, I have them in the rear of my dcab for my kid & dog...lol. those thing fit so good they look factory. You get what you pay for :tu:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have the same color in my access cab. Make sure you get the cleaner and protectant. I love being able to wash them in place with a sponge.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
You're gonna love 'em :tu:. One of the best things I ever did! So easy to clean, too...tundrainorange is right, they can take the abuse and will come out looking good :D.

Definately get the UV protectant...mine are starting to show some wear after a few years, shoulda got the protectant :(...

-Sean

·
Registered
919 Posts
Forgot to mention though, they don't hold up to well for the dog paws, for some reason its like the paws are sand paper. I use a towel over the seat covers now...lol, my wife thinks Im crazy.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,338 Posts
:tu: I have them in my Regular Cab and they are excellent.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I installed them today. My first imperssion when installing them was not very good, they were a pain to install and I had some problems with the backs of the front seats. After getting them installed I'm happy but not sure yet if they are worth the money. Wet Okole makes it sound like they are total custom covers and I don't think they are. The directions they sent with them were useless and I had to modify my seats a little bit to make them look right. I might call on Monday to voice my complaints but I don't think it will do any good. Overall if I knew what I know now I might have gone with the legacy covers.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You are the first person I have heard of that does not like the wet okoles. Good thing you did'nt buy the rear:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I had no problem with mine either. I got both fronts and rears and they are great. Installation was ok and they never move...total custom IMHO. I think you'll like them now that you got them installed. Also, I got mine a few years ago for $450 for all of them. $582 seems a bit high to me. I got some pics in my gallery

·
Registered
387 Posts
Love mine, worth every penny!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't get me wrong I like them and I think they look good I just don't think they are as custom as Wet Okole makes them sound. They did not fit my front seat with out modification to the seat. The tops of the front seats will not velcro together at the bottom due to the flap that are seats have in the back that conects the top of the seat to the bottom. $582 was the total with shipping and a few bottles of cleaner the actual cost of both front and back was $530. On my next truck I will do a little more research and see how the Legacy covers fit. Maybe they would have the same problem I don't know. I just figured for $530 bucks they would fit perfect and come with some instructions specific to my truck that are helpful. I will try and post pictures in my gallery later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bummer. I was really interested in them, too. This may sound odd, but, do those of you who have the WET Okole's find that the seat covers make your back sweat? I have neoprene covers in my VW Westfalia and they make my back sweat. Leather did the same thing in my GTI. I know it sounds crazy but that's my major concern w/ seat covers.

I found these http://www.YESessentials.com/ They make the fabric that Dodge uses in the new Rams. My buddy has one and his interior makes mine look friggin cheap. Toyota really needs to step it up with their fabric interiors - their cloth is just horrible. Anyway, there isn't a great selection of colors, just the basics but they're supposedly stain and odor resistant. Whatever that's worth. I really need something that keeps the water off the fabric though.

The search continues...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Don't get me wrong I like them and I think they look good I just don't think they are as custom as Wet Okole makes them sound. They did not fit my front seat with out modification to the seat. The tops of the front seats will not velcro together at the bottom due to the flap that are seats have in the back that conects the top of the seat to the bottom. $582 was the total with shipping and a few bottles of cleaner the actual cost of both front and back was $530. On my next truck I will do a little more research and see how the Legacy covers fit. Maybe they would have the same problem I don't know. I just figured for $530 bucks they would fit perfect and come with some instructions specific to my truck that are helpful. I will try and post pictures in my gallery later.
Its to bad you don't live down here, they would install them for you for free.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just put some camo okoles on the front seats of my double cab and couldn't be happier. I like the extra padding they put in the covers and they fit like a glove. The only thing I didn't like was having to cut the straps for the stock "change catchers".

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had them on my old Tundra. They were nice, but I didn't think they were THAT nice, not to the tune of what they were asking for them. I also agree that they didn't fit as well as I expected (i.e. as the impression the company gave). The thing I really didn't like was all that extra padding in them. It made me feel like I was sitting up too high, but I'm 6'2", so someone shorter might not get that feeling.

But for what else is out there, I think they're probably still the best you can get - though the competitors are a lot closer than they were 4 or 5 years ago and there are a lot more choices to be had nowadays.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts