Toyota Tundra Forums banner

What’s the bolt size for the rear seats?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  1982seca 
#1 ·
Hi all. I recently noticed the bolts to hold the rear seats on my 2002 Tundra were missing. 4 in total. I tried to do some research on the bolt size so I could replace them. I bought “M10-1.25x25mm” thinking those were it, but they were too big.

Does anybody know the exact size I need? Also, if possible, can someone tell me the screw size I need for the panel under the AC? The panel with the outlets. Those screws are also missing after a local mechanic, who did some repairs, failed to replaced them.

Thank you!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Thats odd they dont fit. I thought all seat hardware was 10mm
Toyota has standarized just about every bolt they use.
10 x 1.25
8 x 1.25
6 x 1.0

Hopefully someone else chimes in with the exact one for that spot but if not, and the bolts you got are too big, I would try the next one down which is usually 8mm.
And anything small in the dash like that is usually 6mm. The only thing about the 6mm stuff is sometimes they use a coarse thread phillips head that just bites into plastic screw grommets in behind. Look under the dash in that area for some other screws holding the dash in. If you see one, take it out and see if it fits in that hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.