Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am sure that some of you read this post a few days ago.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/89914-what-a-tundra-supposed-look-like/

Since his truck is green and is a pre 03' I felt it would be a challenge to put my 01 up and see how it fares. This time though, you guys are the judges. I recently bought this truck and swapped all the parts from my 2000 onto it. Of course I had to get all my IS parts painted to match as well as going with a different lift, etc. Took three weeks but I intend to post a thread on the swap. Plenty more mods to come, she is getting stripped this week of badges and next week I am going to be installing some aftermarket body side molding. I cannot stand how the OEM crap looks. I am not happy with the color of the TRD sticker so thats going too. Pics below

If you want you can view my 00 Tundra in my gallery. Basically my 01 is a spitting image of my black truck but obviously is green. I chose to purchase the 01 because my black one hit 105,000 miles and based on the vehicles I have sold in the past, the value of a vehicle (even a Toyota) starts to decrease pretty rapidly once it hits 100,000 miles. Anyhow, take a look and tell me what ya think.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics. One thing I am pretty happy with is how my projector fogs turned out. The truck did not originally have foglights but I bought a few Toyota parts and bingo, easy install. They look a lot cleaner than OEM fogs (imo)

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, there is definitely quite a bit of work into it as far as rounding up the parts and getting the look I wanted. I have tried several different lift kits, this is now my second set of wheels and tires, but it is all worth it. I am far from finishing the truck (probably never will be "finished") but for now I am pretty satisfied with what I got. I think the IS package changes the looks of the 00-02 Tundras tremendously

Ryan

·
Registered
506 Posts
looks good. what brand are those wheels? I know several companies make a similar style. Are yours chrome or polished?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Nice Tundra Tundo!
Very cool foglight setup. :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I thought your location looked familiar!! Great looking truck!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. The wheels are polished aluminum American Racing Mohave's with black bead rings. The fog lamp set up is much better than OEM's, I get much better light output on the sides of the road which matters a lot up here with the elk

Ryan

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here are some pics. One thing I am pretty happy with is how my projector fogs turned out. The truck did not originally have foglights but I bought a few Toyota parts and bingo, easy install. They look a lot cleaner than OEM fogs (imo)

Ryan
Very nice. Do the fogs give an even light pattern?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

Ryan
Is this what you call a "self portrait"?? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Billy,

You bet. Didn't think anyone would notice:D

Yes the fogs have a very even pattern. I took quite a bit of adjusting and wrestling with them but I got them to work right. Now all I need to do is one wheeling trip and knock one loose to start all over:cry:

Ryan

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. I got it off of sporttrucking.com. It was pricy but fits perfect. The brand of the grille is Precision Billet Grilles

Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts