Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 08 Crewmax and I will be pulling a 5th wheel. Can anyone recommend a good towing mirror to use.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For my $$s nothing beats the factory tow mirrors on the Tundra. I tried McKesh, and some "suck"tion cup junk on my previous '04 Tundra, nothing holds a candle to the factory mirrors.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I use the factory mirrors...the heated power folding ones...not the "tow mirrors". Over 13K towing a 37ft TT so far. No probs.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
I bought a cheap pair of strap ons and have thousands of miles, both highway and bush road, never a problem. That way when I get home, I can just take them off and I have the nice heated, power folding, auto-dimming side mirrors my truck came with. It takes 30 seconds to take them off and about a minute and a half to put them on and adjust them.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Do they offer a crew-max with a 6' Bed? If not that will be bigger problem than mirrors.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I had the factory tow mirrors on my tundra and loved 'em. One of the things I disliked about my sequoia when I got it was no factory tow mirror option and it has up to a 10K tow limit. But I purchased the cipa universal tow mirrors and they work OK.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I used the factory mirrors and think they are great. I have towed with both sets of mirrors and the tow are much better. If you don't want to go the price check clasified and look for a swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts