Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to fit my 2006 Tundra, 4WD with a set of BFG all-terrains. I am open for a larger tire but I do not want to compromise the ride/comfort. My current tire size is P265/65R17. Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
265/65R17 is stock. BFG makes the AT's in that size IIRC

If you want slightly larger but no rubbing issues....BFG also makes that tire in a 265/70R17. Fits no prob. They make it in 2 load ranges C & E....go for a C for better ride quality or E for a tougher sidewall and more load capacity.

·
Registered
140 Posts
headfirstdesign - I put BFG AT's on in Jan08. 265/70R17 LT's. Got the LT's for a tougher sidewall w/ higher load rating. Great tires that fill the wheelwell nicely, with no rubs stop-to-stop. Only complaint is cold weather ride....the thicker sidewall makes for a stiffer ride when cold. BTW - this is on an '05 D-cab 4x4.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Go with the load range C. E is severe overkill for this small truck. If you inflate to their maximum pressure of 80psi (I doubt the factory wheels are even rated for it), you will likely experience uneven treadwear. If you run then lower than that, the sidewalls may experience heating and degradation. The ride quality will be harsh, unless you are into that sort of thing.

- Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts