Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 01 tundra and the brakes suck, i want to upgrade to a better brand, i dont know whats a good brand power slot, powerstop, brembo. Or if there are any other types let me know. All i can tell if is i want to stop but i dont want to pay too much $$.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
First off have you had the front caliper upgrade done? Check in the brake forum there is lots of information on this.
Brembo, Raybestos or Napa can provide a good quality rotor for a reasonable price. Stay away from drilled rotors, there is no value in these.
As far as brake drums go, on your truck there is an upgraded, heaver drum available from Toyota. This is worth the investment. I can't say if any after-market drum is available that matches the upgraded drum as I have never had a chance to compare.
Mike

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I drive an 01 tundra and the brakes suck, i want to upgrade to a better brand, i dont know whats a good brand power slot, powerstop, brembo. Or if there are any other types let me know. All i can tell if is i want to stop but i dont want to pay too much $$.

Thanks!
BadAssWright, I had my 2000 SR5 (bought in '02) for 5 years loved it...anyway, go on e-bay and look for "slotted" disc brakes. I bought a pair of Centric slotted discs for $90 plus shipping which wasn't much, added the stock toyota pads and was good for over three years....You don't need the "named" brands to get 'er done....As far as the back, pull off the hubs, check the lining, clean as needed and adjust the "star" for a little more rear braking...you should be good after that. Good luck, CSM-H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts