Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**UPDATED*** Added Pics What Color is the Trannny Fluid?

My 2010 Double cab just died this weekend after only 4K miles. Puking brown oil all over the place. Is the transmission fluid brown? I have only seen red before.

Attachments

·
Banned
444 Posts
ATF will have red tint no matter the life of the fluid. Brown fluid, burnt brake fluid, Motor oil, But most likely gear oil. does it smell like ***?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
My 2010 Double cab just died this weekend after only 4K miles. Puking brown oil all over the place. Is the transmission fluid brown? I have only seen red before.
Get a recent oil change? Might not have put on the o-ring or something on teh oil filter...

Where was it puking from?

-rockstate

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't had the oil changed yet (only 4K miles). The fluid it was puking was mostly brown but had a slight red tint. Definitely more brown than red. Didn't smell burnt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was driving on the highway when it died. I was changing lanes to pass someone and when i pushed the gas I heard a popping sound then nothing I had no power and the engine died. Pulled over looked underneath and there was brown fluid leaking out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added some pics up top. Can anyone tell me if this is ATF or does it look like oil?

·
Banned
444 Posts
POPing Sound? sounds like you dropped a cylinder. Time for a new short block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts