Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am actually looking at leasing an 07 Sequoia and I am considering three colors: Artic White, Phantom Gray and Salsa Red Pearl.

I would like to get the opinions of those who currently own these colors and what your experience has been. Would you buy the same color again, how does the paint hold up (scratches, rock chips and such), How fast does the color get dirty or how well do water spots show up.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I am actually looking at leasing an 07 Sequoia and I am considering three colors: Artic White, Phantom Gray and Salsa Red Pearl.

I would like to get the opinions of those who currently own these colors and what your experience has been. Would you buy the same color again, how does the paint hold up (scratches, rock chips and such), How fast does the color get dirty or how well do water spots show up.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe
Uh Joe, I hate to break this to you after all that typing, but this is the Gen1Tundra section. Either that or I'm in the Sequoia section. lol

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I know what section it's in. I also know which forum gets more traffic.
Ahso!

Well, I'll give my vote to Salsa Red Pearl. I don't have one, but I think there are WAY too many silver vehicles around and white will make the Sequoia look a little fat.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
salsa red pearl!! too many silver and white tundra and sequoia's out there. thats why i picked that color. love it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You already have decided what color NOT to get: BLACK :)

Altough I own 2 black cars (soon 1 black car since the Camry is being sold) and I think a clean black car is sex on wheels, it only looks good for a day after it is washed. Scratches/dust/water spots/freaking oven in the summer etc.

I am glad the 03 Tundra I just got is NOT BLACK but Sand. I dont even have to dry it after washing. Try that on a dark color...

Phantom Gray is my choice, followed by Artic White. White would "look" clean w/ minimal washing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Altough I ownn 2 black cars (soon 1 black car since the Camry is being sold) and I think a clean black car is sex on wheels, it only7 looks good for a day after it is washed. Scratches/dust/water spots/fraking oven in the summer etc.
i heard ya. i made a mistake once to wax my black car. i still find some wax in places to this day!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
i heard ya. i made a mistake once to wax my black car. i still find some wax in places to this day!
Well then you def. are not waxing correctly. It just isnt that hard. Read my detail writeup in the "detailing" section of the forum for some insight on how to do it without finding wax for days.

And to the poster that posted "you dont even have to dry it", you can see waterspots on all vehicles, not just black. Actually the worst to see them on is white, makes the paint reall dull and oxidized looking.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If ya wanta a color that ya might get a price break on try the GREEN, no Offense intended by me!! but salesman said they do not sell quickly. in NM anyway!!!

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
I like WHITE trucks. The lighter it is, the "cleaner" it stays (looks).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, I got a new 2006, AC, SR5 Tundra in Salsa Red Pearl in August and I absolutely love it. I get compliments on the color all the time. It washes and shines up real purty.

When I picked up my truck I didn't even know what colors the Tundra came in. They just happened to have this one on the lot that met all my other needs and wants.

I wouldn't trade this for any other color now that I know what all the other colors are. But these things are highly subjective and personal.

JMHO

Dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
But there is one fact that no one has mentioned. Out of his 3 choices the White seems to be the only color that is not being complained about with the chipping problems that many people are having. My wife has a white 05 Sequoia and I have come to the conclusion that since I don't want another white truck when I finally do go buy a used Tundra I am going to be leaning heavily towards black since I don't hear chipping complaints about black either. When my Sequoia is dirty it does not show up much unless you touch it and expose the "clean" paint. But when it is just cleaned I think it looks damn good. But it is a pretty popular color choice for Sequoias here in Louisiana coming in second to Phantom Gray.

·
Registered
387 Posts
artic white, classy!

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Out of the colors choices given, I would go with the Phantom Gray. I like that color. I think the Sequoia will look awesome in that color.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts