Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what dept do you need to talk to, to get your deposit back from a dealership? I emailed my salesman about my car sitation and he does not respond anymore :td: they have my 1k in deposit now I just want it back. I dont think my salesman is coming through with my car just stalling more time and now rebates have decreased in his area and prices jumped 2k extra on tundras....fckin POS :td: :mad:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
finance dept.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
go demand it back. if they balk, talk to the GM. shouldnt be too big of an issue. take the time to print out the emails you have as well to show the incompetence of their salesidiot just to drive your point home farther.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you used a credit card for the deposit, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. If you gave them cash or a check, it gets a lot more difficult if not impossible. My son just went through something similar to this. He put a $500.00 deposit down on a 2010 Camry. Our local dealer didn't have the one he wanted so they insisted that he let them do a dealer trade. Promised they would have the car in a day, two days tops. Didn't happen! We searched the internet and found the exact camry 10 miles away at a different dealership. He bought it. Then the dealer that was doing the dealer trade called and said they found the car he wanted and it was at their dealership. Had to drive it up here and it had about 300 miles on it. Told them he found one 10 miles away that had 3 miles and wanted his deposit back. They refused! Son called Toyota Customer Service and explained the situation includeing the part where he bought a Camry at another dealership. They asked for the VIN# and the name of the dealer. Nothing happened! Original dealer still refused to give it back, even disputing his dispute with the credit card company. This went on for at least a month. He finally got the deposit back but only because of the credit card company. So your asking yourself! Why didn't they trade with the dealer 10 miles away??? Seems they had some kind of tiff going and didn't trade with each other. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can't believe people actually put deposits down on vehicles. Earnest money for a house I can understand, but why put a deposit down on something that's mass produced and can be readily available from any dealer across the US by doing something as simple as an internet search and a phone call? Please explain to me what I am missing here.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
custom build order you cant find a black on black crewmax with front bench seating, 4x4 non flex fuel, vehicle. I searched high and low all 50 states at all major toyota dealerships and searched craigslist been doing this for 8 months now total. I loook back I shold of only put down 500 or less and YES should of used a credit card as someone mentioned, but I used a bank wire transfer to their bank. fck POS....I agree lesson learned though dont put deposits down on vehilces THEY DONT HAVE OR THINK THEY CAN GET!!! :mad:
I can't believe people actually put deposits down on vehicles. Earnest money for a house I can understand, but why put a deposit down on something that's mass produced and can be readily available from any dealer across the US by doing something as simple as an internet search and a phone call? Please explain to me what I am missing here.

·
Registered
420 Posts

If you are ordering truck they usually require a deposit, I ordered my truck, there were none configured the way I wanted within 500 miles. It is pretty common.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Waited too long. Emailed Toyota, they in turn contacted the dealer. Each dealer has a customer relations manager - that person got my deposit back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site and the vehicle. Just got me an 07 Tundra SR5 TRD 4X4 and I love it. Ive Got Dick Cepek 18's with Mickey Thompson 33"x13.5 with a 3" Leveling Kit. Installed the AFE CAI last night and a new Sport Shifter. I [email protected]*%$g Loe This Truck!!! If I were a country singer I'd write a song about this thing. Only Negative thing to say about it. 11MPG on the gas or 1500RPM Cruise on the interstate. Couple questions for All You TRUCK JUNKIES(In A Good Way Of Course....) How do I post New threads? I want to put a picture of my truck as my profile. How does that work? I'm ready for the EXTRA'S Backup Camera 1st. Who makes the best one? I heard they make a GPS/DVD/Backup Camera I think maybe Kenwood. ANy suggestions. I need the whole Shabang. Camera, Monitor Wiring and all. 2nd Performance CHIPS. Which way to roll there? I dont tow anything but it would be nice to be able to do so. Mostley for Gas Milage when Im just putting and Come ALIVE when Im ready to ROLL. Do they make such a Monster? I really appreciate all the help I can get. HEY, IM A ROOKIE.... THANKS FELLAS

·
Registered
859 Posts
New to the site and the vehicle. Just got me an 07 Tundra SR5 TRD 4X4 and I love it. Ive Got Dick Cepek 18's with Mickey Thompson 33"x13.5 with a 3" Leveling Kit. Installed the AFE CAI last night and a new Sport Shifter. I [email protected]*%$g Loe This Truck!!! If I were a country singer I'd write a song about this thing. Only Negative thing to say about it. 11MPG on the gas or 1500RPM Cruise on the interstate. Couple questions for All You TRUCK JUNKIES(In A Good Way Of Course....) How do I post New threads? I want to put a picture of my truck as my profile. How does that work? I'm ready for the EXTRA'S Backup Camera 1st. Who makes the best one? I heard they make a GPS/DVD/Backup Camera I think maybe Kenwood. ANy suggestions. I need the whole Shabang. Camera, Monitor Wiring and all. 2nd Performance CHIPS. Which way to roll there? I dont tow anything but it would be nice to be able to do so. Mostley for Gas Milage when Im just putting and Come ALIVE when Im ready to ROLL. Do they make such a Monster? I really appreciate all the help I can get. HEY, IM A ROOKIE.... THANKS FELLAS
Before the mob tears you to pieces :) ......

Main Tundra page, listing all the threads. Toward the top left, right under 'Sponsored By' there is a new thread button. Use that. Have a look at the site rules too before posting a thread. Not that there's anything wrong with yours. There is also a new members 'sticky'......

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ordered a custom CrewMax on Jan 31st, Finally was put on a truck today (freight status) , my sales rep has been great, maybe just find someone in management at the dealership that could step in, your truck could be close also?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hey Jock, by law they have to give you your money back unless you signed something that specifically says in writing that there is no refund on your deposit. They truly are being an A-hole. I hate to say it but you will have to be persistent with emails, certified mail and personal visits that document your efforts if a personal visit to the GM does not get your money back. Then, you need to explain to them that you will hire an attorney if need be, if they refuse to cooperate. If they get really ugly then go to a local news station and paper but only as a last resort would I do this. They are simply ignoring you. Take the time to make a personal visit and go from there and see what happens. Just be prepared for them to try to wait you out and talk you into another option. Just stand your ground with a professional attitude. Remember, honey draws more flies than vinegar and even though you could spit nails you don't need to give them a reason to be unreasonable; it will only hurt your cause.

I feel for ya brother cause I know what a pain in then neck this is but you will prevail!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
They truly are being an A-hole. I hate to say it but you will have to be persistent with emails, certified mail and personal visits that document your efforts if a personal visit to the GM does not get your money back. Then, you need to explain to them that you will hire an attorney if need be, if they refuse to cooperate. If they get really ugly then go to a local news station and paper but only as a last resort would I do this. They are simply ignoring you. Take the time to make a personal visit and go from there and see what happens. Just be prepared for them to try to wait you out and talk you into another option. Just stand your ground with a professional attitude. Remember, honey draws more flies than vinegar and even though you could spit nails you don't need to give them a reason to be unreasonable; it will only hurt your cause.
How about he just asks the sales manager or GM for his deposit back and goes from there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry for the late reply its Ask Toyota <[email protected]>
or just get to the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You would want to talk to the "Don't call us now we'll call you dept". :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
How about he just asks the sales manager or GM for his deposit back and goes from there?

if a personal visit to the GM does not get your money back.

Take the time to make a personal visit and go from there and see what happens.

Isn't amazing what happens when you read the whole thing in context.:pound:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh boy guys they re-routed to the sales manager now and he saids my car is on lot, but the original salesman has to do things to it. He then tried to lie to me by saying their whole dealership computer system got wiped out the last month so we dont know who is who. Funny thing is the original salesman has my number and here is another kicker the sales manager lied to me again by telling me the original sales person is on the road delivering a car. This is something he does not he SHIPS them.....I just told him I just want my deposit back, but of course he tried to refuse saying he has the car....blah blah..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts