Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 11383 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these on other forums and didn't find one on here with the search. So lets start one. As the title states, what did you do to it today?

·
Random Poster
413 Posts
Well what good timing , I just installed my flexilite fan kit today and repaired my overly corroded battery positive terminal.

·
2,152 Posts
I chiseled and sanded the rust off my sway bar, and primed it, (will paint it tomorrow), ordered new sway bar bushings, drained the oil, changed the serpentine belt, flushed the power steering, reattched the power steering lines to the rack, flushed and half-filled the coolant, put a bunch of new bolts/nuts I had to replace (including all 8 coil bolts), pulled my charcoal canister to get easy access to a wiring harness grommet, started making the power lines for the two stereo amps I'm gonna install, mounted the two fuses for them on the fuse box cover, and scrubbed the rear corner of the engine bay behind the charcoal canister.

Had a BUNCH of stuff I've been doing over the past few weeks, when the dang weather cooperates. Got a LOT more to do, too.

Overall, I've had a good three straight, solid days of working on my double-nut ('00) 1st Gen....Hope the weather holds more, but I think we got rain/snow coming for a few days starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
I looked at it waiting for the Fed-Ex guy to show since my lower ball joint was supposed to be delivered today. :(

Most I did was walk to the end of the block and get a coffee and then work on my benefits elections for next year if I still have my job.

Now, I'm getting the package redirected to my folk's address so I can pull apart the front end tomorrow and reassemble it with the new LCAs minus a strut until I get the bushing pressed in Monday. Lower ball joint should show up by Tuesday or Wednesday.

NOT a happy camper. Is anyone else having a bad streak lately? Must be that end of the world thing approaching!

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Swung the garage door open, leaned up against my work bench and marveled at what a handsome and competent truck I bought for such little ca$h outlay! Oh, it's a beautiful thing! ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Swapped in some LEDs (license plate, doors and HVAC) gave her a bath and applied another coat of klasse sealant glaze. Some 303 on the tires, then went for a drive!

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
I drove mine to work and then to get my son and back home - 19.8 MPG AVG. I thought about what I need to do with the new scoop design, wondered WTF was making the popping/clunking noise from the front, thought about how much money I have saved back for whatever the repair might entail (none), wondered if I would ever get around to ARx'ing the transmission, thought about new tires for winter (stressed over money again) and enjoyed the sound of my exhaust while running a chrysler 300 off the road for trying to change lanes into mine with no turn signal and nearly hitting me.

Tomorrow I will drive it again.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
You hate the Fentley? So do I.

I farted in my truck a few times on my way to work this morning, which I quickly found to be a mistake since it was raining and I couldn't ventilate properly. The bright side was, the fart mod proved to be an excellent substitute while I was waiting for the engine to warm up so I could turn the heater on.
At work I got sideways over a speedbump because it's one of those painted ones right after a sharp turn, my tires are bald and it was raining. All I could think was how bad that must have been for my rear end.
I drove it home fart-free and laughed maniacally when I realized that my passenger side powered door lock works again... after I searched for the problem and couldn't find it a month ago. I arrived at my apartment and parked slightly in my neighbors spot because she has a small car and I can do that.
:cool:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
i finally put the drivers side seat cover on mine after only 6 months lol. then i drove up and picked up a few wooden pallets and came home. now im just waiting for the electric fans so that i can actually do something constructive to the tundra. im also trying to locate a clunking/popping noise in the front end as Highway was describing. now im going to sit inside and save gas (3.35/gal) and thing about how the tundra needs a bath already. but on the bright side, i dont need to worry about the timing belt because it is completed and i didn't have to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Nothing new for the Toy right now. I am 3000 miles away while it sleeps in the playpen.

I do have plans to finally upgrade the lighting inside and add some other touches, but, not till Spring. I hope we have
a short winter.....

1 - 20 of 11383 Posts