Toyota Tundra Forums banner

4241 - 4260 of 11387 Posts

·
941 Posts
Had front springs and shocks replaced, rear shocks replaced, new graphite impregnated urethane bushings installed in the steering rack. Steering noticeably tighter and more responsive which I am very happy with. I had not realized how low the front of the truck had stooped until they drove it out of the garage - looks like a truck again!!! Alignment is up next but not until Tuesday since every Toyota shop in the area is slammed with spring break business. Truck will sit in driveway until then just looking good.

Got an email from a fan with this link which just made my great day even better:

September Sky – Letter To Fear (2013, auto-production/ self-produced) | From B To Zee
Great review! Remember us peasants when you enter stardom :tu:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Norcal what's the dual battery set up for? winch and lights? big stereo? I noticed the other day that the battery in my tray doesn't take up nearly as much space as it could and thought about getting a bigger battery for my stereo, but maybe two with an isolator wouldn't be a bad idea....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh and on that note I ordered some Zapco amps for my system along with a 0/1 amp kit. Just need to buy deadening and the install shall commence!

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Someone smashed into my back plate and didn't leave their insurance, so I had my body work mechanic friend fix it. Polished the headlights while I was at it, nice bright and shiny now.

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
Got the fan pulley back on, belt reinstalled, cut the upper radiator hose and added the inline temp probe for the electric fan. The 22-gauge wires for the probe are a huge pain in the ass.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Got the fan pulley back on, belt reinstalled, cut the upper radiator hose and added the inline temp probe for the electric fan. The 22-gauge wires for the probe are a huge pain in the ass.
Want pictures of temperature probe installation along with vendor information.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I Installed the Famous Bilstein Lift-5100's all around
Front Shocks-5th Notch (2.5") (AJUSA)
Rear Shocks-Stock Height (AJUSA)
Wheelers Off Road 1.5" HD 3 AAL (Wheelers)
Brake Prop Valve Spacer Kit for the Rear (Wheelers)
Revtek Differential Drop Kit (Wheelers)
Polyurethane Steering Rack Bushing (Wheelers)
Alignment to DJ's Specs
20140404_125625.jpg
20140404_125702.jpg
bilstein lift stock tires1.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
I Got Cooper Discoverer AT3 Tires in the 285/75/16 size with very minor rubbing
20140404_125516.jpg
20140404_125526.jpg
20140404_125537.jpg
20140404_125614.jpg

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
Not really much to it. There's only one place to put it, the straight section between the two bends, and there's just enough room to make it work. Ya gotta cut about an inch, maybe inch and a half out of the hose, basically the distance on the tube between the toes of the two welded bungs, hacksaw is easiest and I marked the cut with tape and a sharp knife first. Insert plug and probe in bungs, insert tube in hose, add hose clamps, done. 1-1/2" tube. Just make sure it goes in the upper radiator hose, flow goes top to bottom through the radiator. There's a post somewhere on the interwebs from a guy who did it backwards, system doesn't work so good that way.

Flex-a-lite 32082 Flex-a-lite In-Line Hose Adapters - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Want pictures of temperature probe installation along with vendor information.

·
2,875 Posts
Applied the mothers treatment to my headlights while wishing that I had a longer lasting treatment for them.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Drove it like I stole it. Trying to make a left turn at the light in rush hour traffic necessitated me stomping it. Truck roasted the tires, leaped forward through the turn, rear end hopping, hooked, GOT IT. All in slow motion, as I passed the cross-traffic waiting for the light to change I locked eyes with the guy in a Nissan 350 a few cars back who had apparently watched the entire maneuver unfold. He mouthed something to the effect of mutherphoquer!!! I am pretty sure my tongue was hanging out of my mouth. I grinned all the way to the next light.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wired the fogs, added a new bull bar and driving lights and installed LED lights in the camper shell to augment the existing light (they were free with the fogs). Turned out pretty good.

Camper shell lighting:

The new bull bar:

I didn't like the skid plate, so off it came:

And finally, the driving lights:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, it's summertime in Texas and that means it's time for 'naders and baseball. I took it on a 2 hour road trip to watch opening night for the Rangers' AA ballclub and got to watch this doozy fall out of the sky...

...thankfully it stayed north, but watching it move was pretty intense. It went from sunny to tornado to hailing within 15 minutes.

Anywho, after debating for the past few weeks I finally decided to see what it looked like without the "flares"/trim. Decision is in - definitely prefer it with them off.

While I don't think it looks bad with the 265/75 "old man" tires, I really miss my 285/75's. My significant MPG increase is barely enough to make up for the look I'm missing - purely appearance but oh well. However, I'm really contemplating 255/85 Coopers for my next set.

·
2,875 Posts
I can't believe that you'd let a little thing like a spring touchdown stop a ball game.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can't believe that you'd let a little thing like a spring touchdown stop a ball game.
That's the funny/sad part, no one cared and the game didn't stop until the tornado was gone and it started hailing. There's links on a few of the major sports sites making fun of us Texans because our happy rear ends were glued to our seats through it all - Texas loves its baseball.

So, 'till that wind knocks the beer out my hand, I ain't movin' - waited too dang long this winter to let a little rain stop me.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Drove to Home Depot and got flowers for the urns, picked up poison worms to kill the mice that are destroying my flowerbeds, stopped at gas station to get fuel for Miss Piggy, got paint for the lettering on my guitar case, picked up dinner, drove home. My wife's first words when she got in the truck were that it definitely sits up higher as a result of the new shocks and springs. She could also tell that the truck handles better.

4241 - 4260 of 11387 Posts