Toyota Tundra Forums banner

4521 - 4540 of 11387 Posts

·
2,875 Posts
I put some Epica on the stereo and ventured out into a sea of idiots like I always do on my commute to and from work.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yesterday I replaced the center bearing (CB)...again.
Back last Jan. I did major upgrades on my '04 Double Can including replacing the CB. Recently I had the front end aligned but still had a slight vibration and discovered that the CB was defective so I bought a replacement but when I installed and bench tested it, it wouldn't rotate on the driveshaft. Not wanting to wait for an Amazon replacement, I bit the bullet and bought an OEM for three times the cost but had a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Took my son back to his mom's house this morning in the rain. Truck got a bath. I miss my little buddy already. He has been spending most of the week here at our house for the past month which has been good for him. Want to work on the truck but the availability of funds is directly proportional to the endless rains. . . .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Been planning out a dual battery setup that will allow for a solar panel to trickle charge the second battery. I picked up an ARB fridge for a steal and wanted a safe way to power everything without worry of killing the starter battery. Everything will mount in the low pro tool box in the back and work off a Blue Sea battery switch to go from Main to Off to Aux when needed.

So the solar panel into a controller and then the battery (old optima red top, wish I had saved the yellow top). The battery will connect to the Aux pole of the switch with is connected to a Blue Sea Fuse box that the ARB will be wired into. Also leaves room for other accessories. With a 50 Watt panel I think there will be no issues making sure everything is powered nicely. With the assumption it is sunny of course.

I do have another 6 ga line coming from the main starter battery into the Main pole on the switch in case I need to start the truck and run the sub panel fuse box. The ARB has a cut off and won't kill the battery, however it just won't run which doesn't work for me.

Pictures to follow of the setup. Currently have my on-board air system installed in the box, so I am hoping there is enough room.

·
Registered
836 Posts
^Id like to see a write up on this in its own thread. With pictures!! I want to do a dual battery setup down the road.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bought a ScanGuage II and some metal and made this.
20140517_124620.jpg
Used these to help me;
20140517_124701.jpg
Hit it with some flat black paint,
20140517_133739.jpg
and while I waited for that to dry I ripped apart the column;
20140517_131100.jpg
and turned out looking like this;
20140517_134821.jpg
20140517_134825.jpg

Could not be happier. Perfect position and I love the features of the SG2 so far.

·
543 Posts
That's awesome. You wouldn't want to make another for some cash would ya?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
I could. It takes about a hour to make one, pretty simple. Only issue I can see is each one will take a bit of last minute tweaking and other stuff to get it to fit properly. Depending on your steering wheel tilt level and seat position will affect viewing angle. That being said, this was not my design to begin with and I don't want to step on any toes. However, I could make one and paint and ship it for a bit of cash and the final fitting could be done on your truck.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts

·
Registered
6,743 Posts

Attachments

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
Installed some Hi Lift brand adjustable anchor point bed rails, very good quality and solid for the price. Also received my new 2 in shackle that fits in the receiver hitch for a tow point as well as some very trick retractable ratchet straps. Looked at tool boxes today for the bed don't know what one to get since our bed width is so oddball, any recommendations would be nice, looking for a low pro or I could just do a full size flush mount chest but I would like to be able to still put stuff underneath the box if need be.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Nicely done. That's a good spot, pretty similar to how mine is set up.

That's not saying much. :boink:
Poke me with that stick ONE MORE TIME and I will beat you silly with the ban hammer

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Drove it to pick up my son - spent the day playing. Drove it to take him back to his mom's :( - miss my buddy already.

While he was here I noticed the humidity was down so we glassed the air box inside and out - two layers. Got a new lid cut too and glassed.

Soon.

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
Revalved all four corners and mounted a GoPro to the fender.

Also found both upper arm uniballs are worn out.

Got photos of the revalve for a writeup later.

Rides much, much better now.

Poke me with that stick ONE MORE TIME and I will beat you silly with the ban hammer
...SHENANIGANS :D :boink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ditched the Bosch iridium plugs and put NGK's back in.
This last few weeks has been a real eye-opener. The truck runs so much better than it did on the Bosch plugs, it was noticeable almost immediately. I don't know yet, but I expect the gas mileage to have gone up, as well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Bosch plugs in general...I've always had good luck with them in the past, on other vehicles.

4521 - 4540 of 11387 Posts