Toyota Tundra Forums banner

4701 - 4720 of 11388 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Took the OEM plastic bedliner out, washed the bed. The front third of the bed was coated with a layer of hay, dirt, twigs, etc. Whoever put that liner in must have put it on top of that debris, I can't imagine all that getting in otherwise. No rust, though.

Now I'll fasten a sheet of 1/4" finished plywood in, indoor/outdoor carpet on top, then the Leer 100R, and I'm set for camping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Changed: oil/filter-front /rear diff oil-tcase oil-trans oil..4qt pan drop method-pwr steering & brake fluid - clean MAF , throttle body and air filter - new PCV - greased drive line - installed brake controller & hellwig 991 helpers.
I'll post my experience with hellwigs, after I tow a 28' travel trailer, in appropriate string - but fyi....it raised my rear end 3/4", I do have them snugged down to maximize benefit.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
My past plots from 3 years ago both before and after I put in new O2 downstream sensors...

Just to give you an example since I was in the process of plotting out this data for my own benefit, I show you the difference between a bad 02 downstream sensor with another on the way out and two good ones. The test was done cruising at 70mph for several minutes at 2000 rpms.

The first graph show that bank 2 sensor 2 is bad with the near zero voltage. Notice the other bank 1 sensor 2 is on the way out since it is beginning to mimick the voltage on the upstream sensors which is typical for an indication of a bad cat. The upstream 02 sensors fluctuate constantly in closed loop mode (no acceleration/deceleration) to maintain an air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1.

The next diagram shows the two new downstream 02 sensors which indicate the change in the unburned oxygen after the cats and should be somewhat constant and only oscillate by a small amount giving off more of a steady state signal. From observation, it appear that my bank 2 sensor 2 is operating slightly better than the bank 1 sensor 2.

My new plots based upon recent data. As suspected the leftside downstream sensor is not holding steady and may be due either for a replacement soon or a fix since I'm getting an exhaust leak somewhere under the plate offset and welded to the exhaust pipe near the sensor. You may need to click on the attachment for a better picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Jack, it looks like your leftside upstream is also jumping around more than the right....Do you think both should be replaced, or will replacing the downstream affect the upstream to where it might level out more like the left once the downstream is replaced?
I guess I'm asking whether they work individually, or if they are interdependent?
You know it's strange that you mention that. Normally, the upstream sensors should be completely exclusive of the downstream ones, but as you can see in the graph from 3 years ago, they actually performed better once the downstream ones were replaced. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I plan to get that plate cut off the exhaust pipe next weekend on the left side near the downstream sensor to see where the leak is occurring since I can defintely hear it, but not see or feel it. Once I get that patched, I'm hoping it'll cut back on the noise to the point where it'll pass inspection unless the supposed leak from the exhaust manifold is still noticeable.

If I can get it to pass inspection, I'll look into getting the downstream sensors replaced. Right now I'm getting 15mpg from my calculations. It could've been a bad batch of gas or less likely a combination of a dirty air filter and the need for new spark plugs from my last calculation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Started taking drivers side front apart to chase mysterious clunk on rough roads and replace balljoints got upper apart and balljoint in started on lower than stopped when i found out i dont have the right size socket for axle nut... So im getting a ride to work tomorrow lol anyone know what size i need its an 06 dbl cab 4x4

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Started taking drivers side front apart to chase mysterious clunk on rough roads and replace balljoints got upper apart and balljoint in started on lower than stopped when i found out i dont have the right size socket for axle nut... So im getting a ride to work tomorrow lol anyone know what size i need its an 06 dbl cab 4x4

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i believe its a 36mm but ive also heard its a 34 or 35. just go to an auto parts store and rent one. they should be able to look up what size you need.

and as for my truck, i hauled a 13 HP offroad go kart to my uncles to test it out. its got led pods for lights and tachometer running off a full 12 volt charging system.

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

·
Registered
535 Posts
Drivers side rear view mirror became loose right after discovering my passenger window won't roll up.. UGH

·
Registered
239 Posts
Fresh Amsoil 5w30 and a OEM Toyota filter.

Flushed brake system, sure firmed up the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That thing looks like so much fun!
It is a lot of fun. It's and extra bumpy rough ride with no suspension and a solid steel plate motor mount lol. Now I need to add suspension and make it go faster haha. It's got plenty of torque. It will lift the front off the ground if it finds enough traction lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free Appi

·
Registered
836 Posts
Gave it a bath and took some glamor shots for ROTM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did some solo night wheeling:

4701 - 4720 of 11388 Posts