Toyota Tundra Forums banner

4721 - 4740 of 11387 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Brake lights stop working so I checked the fuse which was blown. Replaced it and it blew again. Removed the left tail light where I noticed that wires for the camper shell were connected to the main wires. Removed the wires and taped the affected areas. Fixed and brake lights now work...don't care about the camper shell third lights not working.

·
2,152 Posts
I have the opposite problem...New (to me) camper shell, and have to splice into the left tail light wiring for the 3rd brake light. (Here in NY, it is required for it to be working to pass yearly inspection, and is a ticketable offense if caught driving with it out).

Being in the rust belt, and seeing what the inside of the bed looks like around the tailight, I dont want to use [email protected] or cheap splices. I'm thinking I may have to go further down the harness, under the rear bumper so I can get a good length of straight harness to get good weather proof, staggered splices in... what a PIA... :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
.. I'm thinking I may have to go further down the harness, under the rear bumper so I can get a good length of straight harness to get good weather proof, staggered splices in... what a PIA... :(
That's what the previous owner should have done on mine..spliced further down the harness. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Today, Trudy hit the 90,000 mile marker on her 4,199 day of ownership. Enjoying her just as much today as the day I left the lot with her on 12/20/2002 with a mere .5 miles on her odo. cluster2.jpg

·
Registered
836 Posts
Leveled it by adding 40 psi to the airbags, compensating the 1300 lbs. net of Nature's most perfect food...
Where can you buy 1300lbs of peanut butter? !

Today I went to Home Depot to get a new hose for the power washer. As always, spent about $70 more than I was planning to on other stuff. But my son had a good time "driving"the cart.
He always spots dads truck in the lot too :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Polished and sealed the headlights. Checked the custom air box/scoop for water after driving through torrential downpours, sideways rains, and deep puddles. Not just dry but actually had a fine layer of dust inside. Time for the next round of revisions making scoop wider and adding volume to the air box.

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
Walked past it, looked at it fondly, and started making plans for an offroad trip in July :D.

Also saw a buddy's 1gen Taco nearly ready to roll out, and pondered the 609/14b combo vs LT...he's got 2' of belly clearance and 6" of compression travel. Lot of work, but...eh. Other projects first, like the house.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Our neighborhood has an anual dumpster day where you can get rid of anything you want to chuck out. I brought two tundra loads. It would have been more if my wife wasn't home. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Took it on her first fishing trip. I can see how Hellwig rear sway bars will help on the windy roads and high speed interstate lane changing. I can feel how the rear end is a little slow to respond, not as precise as it can be. I had only put 210 miles on it since purchase and that was around town, so now I know a $262 upgrade will be nice (sdtruckconnection.com price, free shipping).

Also, I ordered these New Design 95 04 Tacoma 00 06 Tundra Xtracab Rear Window Latch Hinge Pivots Pair | eBay

The Access Cab vent windows kept closing on their own, pretty good deal for $10.

Thanks again so very much to you oldtimers that posted about these upgrades and mods . . . . . .

Oh, and tightened up the tailgate by loosening the latch hooks and moving them toward the cab. Still loose at the bottom where the tailgate pivots, I think those factory bushings are shot.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Went to get an oil filter for the wife's car. While i was out, i had a run in with one of my city's mobile revenue collection officers. :-(

·
Registered
239 Posts
^^If the factory tailgate bushings are shot, you'll have to fab some up, or get new hinge assemblies...Around $25 each, IIRC... :(
I know, cuz I'm currently rebuilding my tailgate, and mine are shot...
I'm thinking with bushings like that some improvisation works ok. I was thinking about going to Ace Hardware and see if there was some nylon sleeves that might fit. Sure would be nice to find a way to clean that up cheap .

·
2,875 Posts
The rear hellwig's have a 3 position mount and the closer you get to the axle the stiffer they become. You'll see 3 different mounting holes in the bracket and you have to move the links to adjust the stiffness.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My DC played "shuttle" bus taking the wife to the Dr's office for an exam, then to the grocery store because yesterday the wife was involved in a fender bender with her Camry that was towed to the tow yard. Fortunate no injuries.

Monday I'll hitch the tow dolly with the DC and retrieve the Camry and park it on my property. I'll have the insurance adjuster come here to assess the damages rather than leaving the wife's "baby" there at the yard.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Took her and a bunch of friends up to a lazy river. Got to try out my floating radio that I built. Everything went perfectly! No injuries, no radios drowned, it was a good day.

IMG_2129.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
This was last night actually. I was bored before a family get together so I went on a trail nearby. It was raining slightly so there was some mud on top. All went well, 2 miles in without using 4x4. 1.5 miles back out in 2wd... I put it in 4x4 in one spot just in case. There was some gnarly ruts and I hesitated just for half a second deciding where to put my tires. My front passenger tire sunk in. I was done. I ALMOST got out after 30 mins of lifting and shovelling but a tire slipped off a piece of wood under it. After 3 hours my step bro called wondering where I was, I told him, and he started laughing because he could hear my truck from his house. The trail ended up being only like 1/4 mile from his house so he brought a come along, chain and strap. 3 more hours I was out. We dragged it probably 25 feet to dry ground.

Thank god I had my hip waders and rain jacket with me. I need a winch and better locker(s) (factory LSD) one of the CV axles started clicking like mad and the boot is torn. The power steering will not hold fluid now. And my alignment is way out of whack now!

4721 - 4740 of 11387 Posts