Toyota Tundra Forums banner

4741 - 4760 of 11388 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
It looks like you need a hood too!

So I'll report on yesterday. Interesting dsy. Went out with my best friend to the 620 pit, with is what we call the most difficult trail area in the city. It's full of deep deep trails, with a mud twist ditch that has a 6ft climb out and the mud is so deep we have yet to shove a stick into the bottom.

Two friends can make it through the ditch, my best friend and another Fx4 on 37" mud tired. This thing is so thick a Raptor dug in and it took two trucks to pull him out. So my buddy is throwing his truck through (1999 Silverado 2500 4x4, 35" KO mud tired, 6" coil lift. Dude has 7 rear leafs) and he decides to try new stuff out. So he starts taking the ditch without going through the bottom. He then tried reversing himself in. He got stuck! Used my tundra to pull him out. T'was a good feeling

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
2 weeks ago in Baja i brought my regulator/hose and a buddy gave me an old SCBA tank (ex firefighter) that was last hydro'd in 1968!!! he pumped it up with 2000psi and i now don't have to rely on my Q Industries MV50. i'm on pump #3, only because the first one was so trusty. the 2nd one failed after 3 fills and i was afraid to travel SOB (south of the border) without a pump so i bought the 3rd.

now the pump is the backup.....

since i put on these ---> LTX A/T2 | Michelin Tires i have since figured out that they are the best tires i've ever bought. they perform in the sandy Baja terrain very well, without even deflating for better traction! if i get in too deep THAT'S when i deflate, instead of having to deflat my Toyo Open Country AT's BEFORE i even thought about sand.

okay, rant over!

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Thank god I had my hip waders and rain jacket with me.
Dude! You're way younger than I thought! No wonder you got stuck! :pound: Great story, your hood is fine. You just need some tires with more meat and a locker.

I got an LED bar...

For my fish.

This thing is rad. Slim design, blue lights on separate switch for "moonlight" effect, white and red lights for vivid colors and plants. Now the GF is showing some jealousy. Spent $80 on the fish, now I have to take her to the beach for dinner, sometimes I miss being single. :rolleyes:
So the tundra is off to the beach after all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
IMG_20140622_143836_528.jpg
Used it as a backdrop for photos of my other "toy"

·
543 Posts
Lol, me also Kevin.

Tundra hasn't been getting much attention lately, I've been busy working on another project with the son.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1403466461.087896.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
836 Posts
Went to church and let the BAmuffler sing its praises!
Also got my ROTM pic shared by a 1gen tundra group on Instagram. I still want to get ROTM, but that was a nice little win.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Went to church and let the BAmuffler sing its praises!
Also got my ROTM pic shared by a 1gen tundra group on Instagram. I still want to get ROTM, but that was a nice little win.
What's their handle? I'd love to check it out.

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I tagged them in a throw back pic and they followed me and like all my pics within a minute, hot damn

Im following and tagged them before but they haven't posted my truck yet

Everythingtundra posted my truck once though. Follow them and they will prob post it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free Appi

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Reworked the scoop. Installed a velocity stack. Cleaned the windshield. Thought about vacuuming it out. Took Miss Piggy to the gas station and topped her off at $3.62 a gallon - bargain in light of the $3.88/gallon I paid at the last fill-up. Thinking about running some manometer testing since the weather is beautiful.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Picked up the wife's Camry from the tow yard this morning and loaded on my trailer and towed it home with my '04 DC. I didn't even feel the tow with that Hellwig overload springs I installed a few weeks ago.
Repair estimate on the Camry is over $9K so will probably be totaled out. I'm thinking of replacing it with a low mileage Highlander.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
2,875 Posts
I discovered something over the past few weeks about my tundra and when I filled up today I checked my mpg's again. If I slow way down below the posted speed limit I can seriously improve my mpg's. Recently while traveling on the interstate I tried dropping below the posted speed limit 10-15mph and my mpg's rose to almost 18mpg. Before when traveling at or slightly above the posted limit which is 70mph my mpg's were pitiful to say the least. I know that it is difficult to slow down for most people especially when commuting during rush hour but my dc showed a huge improvement just by slowing down and using the cruise. I have also put forth effort to stop and start more gently unlike before when I would just stomp down and move out. HL is probably to blame for this behavior although he won't take credit for it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Everyone's posts are always so productive. I've learned I have a cycle, I mud/trail blaze, wash, fix, read, dream about my truck, realize I have a 2WD and not enough money for long travel, have to prove to myself my truck is badass, then go back to mudding/trail blazing. Anyway I peaked again. Great day wheeling on the lake solo. I'll throw some more pics later tonight before I wash her. I'm currently sitting in English. It was my first serious solo trip since the Bilsteins went on. They rode great, didn't say out long after I started hearing a weird siphoning sound from my engine. I need to give her a break. DIY price on replacing your injectors? Black Jack needs new ones bad.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Finally washed mine and man was she dirty but I still need to work on getting the darn bugs off the chrome

ImageUploadedByAG Free1403568189.223134.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free Appi

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
I discovered something over the past few weeks about my tundra and when I filled up today I checked my mpg's again. If I slow way down below the posted speed limit I can seriously improve my mpg's. Recently while traveling on the interstate I tried dropping below the posted speed limit 10-15mph and my mpg's rose to almost 18mpg. Before when traveling at or slightly above the posted limit which is 70mph my mpg's were pitiful to say the least. I know that it is difficult to slow down for most people especially when commuting during rush hour but my dc showed a huge improvement just by slowing down and using the cruise. I have also put forth effort to stop and start more gently unlike before when I would just stomp down and move out. HL is probably to blame for this behavior although he won't take credit for it.
:beavbutt::woohoo:

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I discovered something over the past few weeks about my tundra and when I filled up today I checked my mpg's again. If I slow way down below the posted speed limit I can seriously improve my mpg's. Recently while traveling on the interstate I tried dropping below the posted speed limit 10-15mph and my mpg's rose to almost 18mpg.
Nice job Puff. I find the best MPG I can get is between 55-60 MPH, but I have a hard time driving in that speed range where I live. 65MPH isn't too bad either.

I thought about washing my truck, then realized I have cold Ruination in my fridge and Top Gear was on, the rest was history. I need some Stone Brew stickers for my truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
20140529_203648_resized.jpg 20140529_203703_resized.jpg 20140531_085358_resized.jpg :tu: What drunk said, about 55mph, but my BA Muffler makes my acceleration to 55 a necessity to get there as quickly as possible.:rolleyes: Since the front brake job and the regular maintenance, nothing new done. Weekly bath and fuel ups (avg of 17.8MPG) Had my ocd kick into overdrive when my mileage hit 66666.....I know, its silly. Been driving red Roxanne lately. She looks good in the summer. Cheers

4741 - 4760 of 11388 Posts