Toyota Tundra Forums banner

4841 - 4860 of 11387 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Took the leaking high pressure power steering line into a local hose specialty shop (Alaska Rubber & Supply) $85 it was fixed and now if it leaks again I only have to unthread the rubber hose. I also decided I'm going to keep the heavy skid plates off until I needs them. The truck actually looks lifted with them off.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Today I won ROTM!!
Points attempted and thwarted

Working outside is the only way!
Fellow landscaper.
I have been away from it for six years and really missed it. Was very sick from heat stroke and this is the first year I have felt good. Feels great to be back in business. Got a tall order to fill starting from scratch and starting in the middle of the season. Really excited and grateful through.

HL you might try expanding the shoes out until the drums barely clear when you try to put them back on. The clearance in the shop manual is so slight that doing what I just suggested seems like the only logical way to adjust them before putting it back together. I thought about doing my rear drums then I just took it to a shop and paid them to do them while I watched movies on my laptop. Long live four wheel disc brakes.
That is exactly what I ended up doing.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
I used Mother's polish and Meguiar's sealer.

Truck developed a terrible knock today - so pleased I could spit. Knock happens under load. Going to drain a little oil tomorrow and pray to Our Mother of Blessed Internal Repairs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used Mother's polish and Meguiar's sealer.

Truck developed a terrible knock today - so pleased I could spit. Knock happens under load. Going to drain a little oil tomorrow and pray to Our Mother of Blessed Internal Repairs.
But... But... How could it? You just Seafoamed it! Ah, respite; respite and nepenthe, from my memories of The Foam...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
I'm sorry; I didn't mean it that way. But all the same, I've heard of a piece of carbon breaking free and getting lodged between the head and the piston, resulting in a surprising amount of noise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So you are saying a few more cans of Sea foam oughtta doer just fine .. . .

·
Registered
836 Posts
Gave 'er a bath.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Drove without incident today (save for the horrible fuel economy) out to a client's property and back. Truck does need a bath as referenced by or resident Soda James but that will not happen today. I usually reserve that type of extreme behavior for when we need rain.

·
2,875 Posts
I know you guys aren't going to understand this one but today I negotiated to trade my tundra in on something more efficient. I'm waiting for the dealer to finish their end of the deal and then we'll make the swap. I cannot afford to drive it anymore and it really pains me to have to do this. Once I get back on my feet again I'll probably go to ford for my next new car since my trusted local Toyota tried to stick it to me. And for the record I'm trading for a chevy trailblazer with the 4.2L I6 which is rated at 22mpg highway. My tundra has been the best motor vehicle I've ever owned and the next owner will get many miles from it.

·
2,152 Posts
Just got back a little while ago from driving around with my 8yr old today, doing some geocaching, and going from one to another just before sunset, I was doing 55mph, coming into a curve, when some douche in a fullsize Chevy was coming the other way and drifted totally into my lane in the middle of the curve, doing, i assume 45-65MPH.
It was a total head-on situation...I had no where to go but a HUGE, deep ditch and big trees...Luckily, the a-hole looked, or woke up at the last second, and swerved back toward his lane...I think if he hadnt, we still would have collided even if I had put it in the ditch...The ditch was deep and wide enough, it could have been a roll-over for me regardless. I had the right side tires right on the edge of the ditch, and he missed us by less than a couple feet...I was glad to see that the 255 Bighorns didnt slide out in the shoulder, and fishtail the rear end, and I was able to pull it back onto the road instead of ending up in the ditch like I was planning on doing.

Unfortunately, I wasnt able to stay as kewl headed as I should be, and I think my son learned some new 4 and 12 letter words he shouldnt be hearing till after he's 18...lol

But at least everyone came away unscathed...including the Tundie... :D

Although, since then, the Tundie has started making a bunch of squeeking noises from the suspension workout of dodging both truck and ditch... :( Guess I'll have to get out the grease now... :rolleyes:

Sorry...just had to vent a little...lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Today is the first time I've been out of bed in 8 days. I gave her a wash, filled her up and did something a bit odd.

Came to the conclusion those whimpy 6" flags people stick to their cars wouldn't cut it for me. Had a fun drive around ol' Cedar Park. Happy 4th everyone.

@Stone - that is the kind of situation you influence your 8 year old to become a movie star! Fish tale, throw it into 5th and lasso his trailer hitch. It being a (assuming) post 2010 Chevy, I'm sure the mount will collapse from the pressure, as Mexican made frames often do, and you can cut into a Classic Japanese fight scene. Show Bruce Lee, and your son, how it's done.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I'm sorry; I didn't mean it that way. But all the same, I've heard of a piece of carbon breaking free and getting lodged between the head and the piston, resulting in a surprising amount of noise.
Doubtful that is the case, these motors run very clean. I'm not a fan of Sea foam and wouldn't use it on to truck since I've seen my exhaust valves and know they're clean. I understand your thoughts though and I don't trust sea foam.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Today I finally installed my backup camera. It has been sitting in the truck since it arrived last summer. Haha. Since I had to pull the HU out, I also hooked up the microphone (for phone calls) installed the parking brake override switch (for video on the go ;-) and plugged in a USB cable for using flash drives. USB got routed down into the ashtray. After that i cleaned the interior up a bit and washed the windows.

Attachments

4841 - 4860 of 11387 Posts