Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 11383 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dirty as hell but before work I swapped center caps, the discs came with them, the short caps are the new.

Attachments

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
I've never had great success with blocking the noise from the vents on the back wall of the cab. Since it's been raining lately, I've been extra bothered by the sounds. Those flaps inside the vents also rattle when my sub hits, which keeps me from using my sub. I was walking through Home Depot yesterday and had a thought... sponge.

I picked up two grouting sponges, $1.97 each and cut rectangular cubes out of them which I stuffed into the holes in the vents. I think the sponge is porous enough to allow pressure to breathe, yet dense enough to block the noise. I tried it this morning and so far it's working to keep the sound down, no rattle sound either.
do what i did in my truck, tear those Fxckers out! ... and no they dont leak :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow Zapco you're AC looks clean, whoops back to topic...finally *fixed* passenger foglight, tweaked lamp prongs and a few dabs of silicone to hold lamp in a broken harness(tab that holds bulb broken, since I bought it). It's tight but I'ma keep an eye on it while I find a new harness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sweet thread!!! Received my Toytec blocks, diff drop, brake relocate, and u bolts today! Just waiting for the bilstein adjustables to get here.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Drove to work and back. Thought more about the clunk, about electric fans, a new exhaust, re-working the scoop, the need for a serious in-depth detailing. . . . parked next to another Tundra at work (Protection in numbers in a Teamsters parking lot).

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I looked at it sitting up on jack stands without a lower control arm in the rain.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Opened the door (again) to get the ice scraper out so that I could scrape the ice off my sister's Corolla that I am using until I can get the Tundra fixed. Hoping to open the door Wednesday and actually start it and drive it to the mechanic. Baby steps...baby steps.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today I replaced my fogs with Rigid Industries 4" light bars... They fit perfectly (with a little modification...) Would anyone be interested in a how-to on this? INSANELY bright.

sized-2012-12-16 17.51.56.jpg

Here is another pic of them with the 10" light bars behind the honeycomb grille... (And my custom SickHID's!)

sized-2012-12-18 00.08.52.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Drove to work, put some trash in the bed, took the trash to a dumpster, drove around town, thought about how bad I need to change my timing belt, thought about if changing my timing belt would help the weird noise my engine is making, thought about how long I have until my rear end goes out (if it's actually going out :confused:), drove home, thought about how much cooler my rims are than tundrunk's, and sat on here worrying about things on my truck that probably aren't even broke.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Got mine stuck in the mud. =]
I got stuck waaaaay worse than that (framed it out) and got out under my own power. :D

Today I replaced my fogs with Rigid Industries 4" light bars... They fit perfectly (with a little modification...) Would anyone be interested in a how-to on this? INSANELY bright.

View attachment 49377

Here is another pic of them with the 10" light bars behind the honeycomb grille... (And my custom SickHID's!)

View attachment 49378
I would LOVE to get some SickHIDs.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I drove it up to the DMV and bought it a new yellow sticker for it's license plate.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
we have different definitions of "fit perfectly"; i don't consider a square light mounted in a round hole as fitting. how much did those set you back?
lmao now that is sig worthy!!!

the thing about those, is its cheaper to get a set of dually d2's and the d2s are just as bright,

the 4" E Bar retails for $235 (each)

·
Registered
691 Posts

View attachment 49377

View attachment 49378
Let's see some up close photos with the lights off.

41 - 60 of 11383 Posts
About this Discussion
11.4K Replies
610 Participants
t100forlife
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing