Toyota Tundra Forums banner

11401 - 11411 of 11411 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Huge difference. With the lengthened Suspension Maxx swaybar links.
View attachment 151948
View attachment 151949
Also did trans kit with 4 quarts of Amsoil. Oil change.
Those Suspension Maxx links are on my list to get/do asap when income returns. Or if my new stock ones fail.
My new 5100s are on middle setting so more level than lift, and no sign of rub or bottoming out. But will only know once full job/balance/align of new is complete and can give my girl a little trail run.
Did you get direct from S.M.? Last pic is post finishing doing in driveway. Lots of surprises along the way but beat most all!
Wheel Bearings, UCAs, and swapping up to Susp Maxx only things left, as necessary.
Otherwise smoother than when I bought her 8/2005!!
Yours looks GREAT!!!
Going out shortly to cycle thru 3-4 WS ATF Drain/Fills this afternoon. Going Synthetic next time.
Any feelings on the Valvoline? AMSOIL is great stuff it seems, but the Valv also has been proven excellent, and what I already have.
Carry On!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Upgraded. After 8 years it's time to say goodbye to my beloved 03. It's been the best truck I've ever owned and will serve the next owner for many more good years to come.

Last Friday a buddy who works at the local Toyota dealer texted me pics of an 06 DC he just took in on trade, 121k miles, never seen snow was stored every winter while the owners spent winter in Florida, timing belt done, body is perfect and frame too. Super score got it for $10k. So far lifted the front 2.5", new 285 Kumho AT51's, Kenwood deck, Magnaflow muffler and 2.5" tail pipe(cause I had it), transferred my Hellwig sway bars, and some other stuff.
. View attachment 150443 View attachment 150444 View attachment 150445 View attachment 150446
That is one of the best deals I have seen!
Good on you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those Suspension Maxx links are on my list to get/do asap when income returns. Or if my new stock ones fail.
My new 5100s are on middle setting so more level than lift, and no sign of rub or bottoming out. But will only know once full job/balance/align of new is complete and can give my girl a little trail run.
Did you get direct from S.M.? Last pic is post finishing doing in driveway. Lots of surprises along the way but beat most all!
Wheel Bearings, UCAs, and swapping up to Susp Maxx only things left, as necessary.
Otherwise smoother than when I bought her 8/2005!!
Yours looks GREAT!!!
Going out shortly to cycle thru 3-4 WS ATF Drain/Fills this afternoon. Going Synthetic next time.
Any feelings on the Valvoline? AMSOIL is great stuff it seems, but the Valv also has been proven excellent, and what I already have.
Carry On!

View attachment 152237
View attachment 152238
View attachment 152239 View attachment 152240 View attachment 152241
I ordered direct from SM. They shipped fast.
One thing I would recommend when you do install them is use some Loctite on the top 14mm nut (red or blue) your choice. She doesn’t lean as much in the corners now, the extra length to accommodate the lift (I’m running Rancho QL 2.5 with Dobinson springs) helps on-off ramps at higher speeds. I don’t wheel off-road too much, but it felt great on a few rough job sites before site work was cleared. I’m going to need wheel bearings on all four corners soon too, I’m dreading the rear.

Amsoil is great but pricey. I used to work at a quick lube (Valvoline Instant OC) and only used the Maxlife fluid when doing any T-tec or drain and fill/pan drop and it is quality stuff, it too is synthetic, it’s rating far exceeds what Toyota’s ATF 4 was back in 2000. I’m sure it’d be fine for your 5 speed auto too, since yours is an ‘06. If I hadn’t had EBay bucks to spend, I probably would have went the Maxlife route. I used a Beck Arnley filter. What rotors/pads are those? The Powerstops?

Reactions: xsnrg06Limited

·
Registered
98 Posts
Always have blue/red as I brush down bolts. Like it clean.
Limited version got same CaliperDrum as the other 04-06, but beefy. I have Brembo drum and OEM Toy shoes/pads, original rears still have meat! Brakemotive has great stuff Ebay. The slotted drilled were still very good, no warp on last 3 sets, changed every 3-4 years.
Screenshot_20200527-193749_Samsung Internet.jpg
Front rotors came w ceramics but already had $43 set OEM squirreled away. Like most of the parts got a great $$$ deal.
Patience, Planning, Performing.
And of course Purchase!
Will update after all my current running condition tasks are complete. Gonna run old tires rest of way thru end of panda modium as my pre align seems perfect!!!
Will respond 1st on tran fluid drain/fills if it stops raining by Fall. Very curious...
😉
Appreciate the feedback.

One thing I would recommend when you do install them is use some Loctite on the top 14mm nut (red or blue) your choice. She doesn’t lean as much in the corners now, the extra length to accommodate the lift (I’m running Rancho QL 2.5 with Dobinson springs) helps on-off ramps at higher speeds. I don’t wheel off-road too much, but it felt great on a few rough job sites before site work was cleared. I’m going to need wheel bearings on all four corners soon too, I’m dreading the rear.

Amsoil is great but pricey. I used to work at a quick lube (Valvoline Instant OC) and only used the Maxlife fluid when doing any T-tec or drain and fill/pan drop and it is quality stuff, it too is synthetic, it’s rating far exceeds what Toyota’s ATF 4 was back in 2000. I’m sure it’d be fine for your 5 speed auto too, since yours is an ‘06. If I hadn’t had EBay bucks to spend, I probably would have went the Maxlife route. I used a Beck Arnley filter. What rotors/pads are those? The Powerstops?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Finally got ATF double drain/fill done 95K so all fluids but front diff & radiator flush done.
Front end suspension completed, UCA/ L UBJ withstanding as where still tight. Own eyeballed alignment has her tracking true to steering for now but have a reputable shop lined up for new rims/mounted tires on now 2" spacered 4X4, rebuilt back drums/shoes, grease all drive shaft ujoints/spiders and new sway links.
Took about a month for all not super rushing it.
Almost roadtrip trail test/camping time finally!

Before

·
Registered
2 Posts
Over the past week, besides making poor financial choices to to put new shiny stuff on my truck...annd... I...mean...Demonstration of selflessness, is what I meant.

Since the COVID 19 issue started, I've been devoted to turning an already solid ride into granite. This of course is after I had modified and upgraded my boom sticks, the mountain bike, shit, I was going to start on the neighbors stuff for sanity's sake, but I decided to focus on the overhaul!!

King Coilovers, went with Camburg UCA's over the Icons and Deavers mini pack. A week ago I had finally found myself saddened by the factory audio and found myself with extra time and $$$. I'm so glad I decided to install a real system. If your on the fence about the Q-Logic sub box, I highly recommend it as it saves some serious ass pain.
Wheels and tires next week!

Attachments

11401 - 11411 of 11411 Posts