Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone....I have a 2010 Seq SR5 with the base "Xm ready system"...was wondering what I need to get this thing working...any experience would be appreciated...thanks again all...also whats that fin looking antenna on the rear roof....sat antenna?? thanks again all!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do a search, as I installed mine from threads on this site. Basically what you need is a kit that includes an xm mini tuner, antenna and adapter. Here is one on ebay

Toyota Sequoia 05+ XM satellite radio kit. VAIS SL2xmt : eBay Motors (item 370334380264 end time Apr-12-10 18:10:06 PDT)

or you can go to Vaistech.com and see what there price is. Either way it is cheaper than a dealer install. When I checked it was $400+, installed at a dealer. The above one on ebay is $265. It is really not that hard to install it yourself, it is plug and play. It may be easier if you have an antenna already. I did not have an external antenna that you describe. The kit comes with an antenna.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you just buy the vehicle? My 2010 SR5 included a 3 month free subscription to XM, which was built into the base head unit. The dealer should have activated it the day of sale. It took a day after that to initialize and be able to access all of the stations. The "fin" is the antenna for XM radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the vehicle about 2 weeks ago and the dealer made no mention of activating it...When I try to get into XM mode like the book says to it just goed from FM to AM and not to the satellite...I'll call toyota and see what they say...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aesconde....how did the dealer activate your system..I called toyota and they stated that the unit should work without any other parts and that I should take it to service...does your head unit say XM or have an Xm button...mine only has a radio button....thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do a search, as I installed mine from threads on this site. Basically what you need is a kit that includes an xm mini tuner, antenna and adapter. Here is one on ebay

Toyota Sequoia 05+ XM satellite radio kit. VAIS SL2xmt : eBay Motors (item 370334380264 end time Apr-12-10 18:10:06 PDT)

or you can go to Vaistech.com and see what there price is. Either way it is cheaper than a dealer install. When I checked it was $400+, installed at a dealer. The above one on ebay is $265. It is really not that hard to install it yourself, it is plug and play. It may be easier if you have an antenna already. I did not have an external antenna that you describe. The kit comes with an antenna.

I did something like this ^^^. See my signature, a DIY post with pics of what you need to do. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ahoy,

My 2010 SR5 had the XM cranking when my wife got in to drive it off the lot. It came w/ a 3 month free trial as mentioned above. Dealer should have had that done! Bought mine 45 days ago n Jax, FL.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It sounds as if you are only "Pre-wired" for XM, meaning you don't have the guts of the system. Check your dealer invoice for installed options. Mine was like that and it is as you describe am, fm, cd, am, fm, cd, etc... If you had xm it would stop and you would get their preview channel and your xm radio id would show up.

Good Luck, but my previous post is the cheapest and quickest way to get xm going in your sequoia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts