Toyota Tundra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Seems the commentary is isolated with in two age groups.
21-36= Pro
37-45= Con

No ? :mullet:
Nope. 30 here. and have been con since even before your graph starts. I could be on odd man out but then again I always went my own way and was not interested in what the "Cool" kids thought was cool.

I think you have those 1960-70's people in the no category which I think is going to throw your #'s off

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Sounds like you're apathetic. Isn't apathy a sign of a pot smoker?:eek:
I'm not a pot user, and in Canada its not really a big deal to have a joint, its only the big guys they go after. Its legal to use it but not legal to grow it (in excess of 500 plants and you could face 2 years in jail).

Marijuana legal in Ontario | Cannabis Culture Magazine

So 1, the conversation for me at least it moot, I'm not a user and I don't intend to become one.

2, its already legal here and it hasn't caused the sky to fall.

3, I'd prefer police to go after REAL criminals.

4, I know pot heads who are useless, but they would probably be useless without pot.

Its just like our topless law, a woman can go topless at the beach, but few do.

And since everybody wants to share their drug stories.

The only time I've ever tried any drugs was in Amsterdam, I had space cake and brownies, I didn't really like the affect of either (oh, and I was above the age of 30 when I tried them, so not exactly a peer pressured teenager).

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If you look at the history of weed, you can easily see how it was demonized. Even, the History Channel did a special on it a couple of years ago.

In RVN (when I was there), I don't remember much weed in either unit ... USMC 1/9 or USMC BLT 1/3.
The guys would not smoke it, because they might get themselves or their buddy blown away if they were high.

There were probably some pot heads in our units, but I did not see them.

I flew rotary in RVN and never even went close to weed. I did have my first try in my 30s and it made me cough, so I forgot about it.

Maybe 10 years later, I had some "special brownies" for a torn muscle. Since then, maybe tried "special brownies" 1/2 a dozen times and enjoyed it each time. ... :devil:

I drink very little and have not had any "special brownies" in several years and never tried anything stronger.

I do know some very smart, powerful and well accomplished people who do have some "special brownies" from time to time. ... :devil:

IMO ... Weed is like booze or beer ... "buyer beware". ... and use with caution .... :devil:

SOS

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
No numbers,just speculation

Nope. 30 here. and have been con since even before your graph starts. I could be on odd man out but then again I always went my own way and was not interested in what the "Cool" kids thought was cool.

I think you have those 1960-70's people in the no category which I think is going to throw your #'s off

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Seems the commentary is isolated with in two age groups.
21-36= Pro
37-45= Con

No ? :mullet:
im 18... where do I fit?
It sounds as if some of you have mingled with Heroin / Opium addicts thinking they were Marijuana consumers.
No shi7 dude seriously. I would say 70 percent of my senior class regularly smoked pot. No one in my class ever got in fights or argued. Everyone hung out with every one. We got along great. Statistically my grade has the highest gpa of the 3 grades that were above me, and the three grades below me. Im not saying that it was the pot that made all of us smart. But I sure think it may have helped. Also the 2 grades that where above my grade hated eachother. always got into fights and all that kind of crap. same with the 2 grades below us. Both grades above and below mine, hardly anyone smoked pot.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts
smoke pot = mellow dude?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Ok...if I am stereotyping, which may be arguably a case of illusory correlation, then (outside of my hippie remarks) the negative portrayals in this thread of marijuana users would have little or nothing to do with Negra's link (reposted).

Cannabis Compound Abuse: Overview - eMedicine Psychiatry

If you're the opposite of the stereotype, why not create a counter-stereotype? The successful, wealthy, intelligent, conservative, well-groomed dope smoker...and then try to eliminate every stereotype I've described through media exposure and in-group emulation.

Like I said tho, it's gonna be an uphill battle, particularly if all you "successful in life" users stay quiet and let the burnouts speak for you.

I've encountered people smoking weed literally from coast to coast...far more than one little hippie town off the backroads of the Midwest. Is it possible that, rather than a government-sponsored propaganda effort leading to my disdain for marijuana (similar to an older propaganda effort leading to a prohibition on absinthe), it's that the majority of people I've seen using marijuana aren't kicking back to relax with a joint, they're smoking specifically to get high?

I'm not interested in trying a drink that I stereotype as a favorite of financially solvent goths or self-described bohos, but I don't see it as a green demon out to soak everyone to a stupor, either. Unfortunately, I have seen a great many people intentionally out to smoke themselves in to a stupor, and in my experience since high school, the "I got high" users far outnumber the "I feel like a joint" crowd.

I like bourbon. I like wine, beer, tequila, whiskey and plenty of other alcoholic drinks, each of which I appreciate for their flavor, and drink slowly so I can enjoy them without the effect of the alcohol masking the taste. That is a far cry from getting drunk, or getting high. On many occasions I've walked in to green rooms...it was like zombies...everyone in the place was baked catatonic. Just as disgusting as a room full of drunks, but I know plenty of people who drink and don't feel the need to get drunk every time. Part of the reason I left that scene was all the weed...and these were people with day jobs.

Even at the many, many clubs and bars I've been to, the drunkards are few, and they get the boot, or at the very least shunned. If the mj use I've seen in the past had been similar, I'd have a better opinion of it.

Maybe you smoke weed like I drink whiskey, in moderation, for the flavor of it. But as far as I have seen, you're in the minority. If your user group consists entirely of this minority, I can see how you'd take offense to my stereotyping.
Why not create a counter-stereotype? Because I'm busy working, training, and otherwise living my life and don't really care what sort of dope smoker stereotypes people laugh at... like I said.
My only point was that stereotypes are necessarily archetypal and extreme, and therefore quite often at odds with reality... people on this thread started to imply that the stereotype is reality... and I guess it might be if you hang out at extremely liberal college campuses, in green rooms, or with losers, but then what did you expect?
Drunkards in bars are few, eh? Interesting... we live in totally different worlds.
Since you missed it... I didn't take offense. I don't really care... like I said.
ah well...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Actually, there is. Do your homework and research a case from a few years back when a CSX train operator near Baltimore, MD collided his train with an Amtrak passenger train and killed several Amtrak passengers. The investigation determined that the CSX engineer was high on pot at the time of the accident.

well i did my homework:
Post-accident
testing of the carman's urine specimen revealed the presence of
marijuana metabolite (THCA) at low levels. Neither the parent drug
(THC) nor the marijuana metabolite was detected in the blood at the
established cutoff point. Since the marijuana metabolite was not active
and the parent drug was not reported in the blood, these findings do
not provide scientific evidence that would support any conclusion
regarding possible impairment of the carman's faculties.

and for you some homework

Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs

·
Registered
693 Posts
DEA to end medical marijuana raids - More health news- msnbc.com
HELL YEAH!

No we can smoke in peace:devil:
Supporters of programs to provide legal marijuana to patients with painful medical conditions are celebrating Attorney General Eric Holder’s statement this week that the Drug Enforcement Administration would end its raids on state-approved marijuana dispensaries.
Federal raids on medical marijuana distributors continued at least into the second week of Barack Obama’s presidency, when federal agents shut down at least two dispensaries in California on Feb. 3.
Holder was asked about those raids Wednesday in Santa Ana, Calif., at a news conference that was called to announce the arrests of 755 people in a nationwide crackdown on the U.S. operations of Mexican drug cartels. He said such operations would no longer be conducted.
“What the president said during the campaign ... will be consistent with what we will be doing here in law enforcement,” he said. “What (Obama) said during the campaign ... is now American policy.”
Obama indicated during the presidential campaign that he supported the controlled use of marijuana for medical purposes, saying he saw no difference between medical marijuana and other pain-control drugs.
“My attitude is if the science and the doctors suggest that the best palliative care and the way to relieve pain and suffering is medical marijuana, then that’s something I’m open to,” Obama said in November 2007 at a campaign stop in Audubon, Iowa. “There’s no difference between that and morphine when it comes to just giving people relief from pain.”
White House spokesman Nick Shapiro hinted at the policy shift shortly after the California raids, telling The Washington Times that the dispensaries were legal in California and that the Obama administration’s stance was that “federal resources should not be used to circumvent state laws.”
The new policy represents a significant turnabout for the federal government. During the Bush administration, DEA agents shut down 30 to 40 marijuana dispensaries, the agency said.
The Web site of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy had yet to catch up to the policy shift as of Friday afternoon, and was still prominently featuring a “ Medical Marijuana Reality Check” declaring that “marijuana is not considered modern medicine” and arguing that “no animal or human data support the safety or efficacy of smoked marijuana for general medical use.”
Holder’s comments received little notice Wednesday, overshadowed by the news of the drug arrests. But supporters of legalized marijuana seized on them as an important sign of progress in their campaign.
“Holder’s statement marks a dramatic shift in U.S. drug policy and is a major victory for the 72 million Americans who reside in states where the use of medical cannabis is legal,” said Paul Armentano, deputy director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, said in a statement.
Thirteen states allow the cultivation, sale and use of medical marijuana.
Armentano said the shift would add momentum to campaigns in states that are considering their own medical marijuana laws. The New Jersey Senate approved such a bill Monday, and Gov. Jon Corzine said he would sign it if it cleared the state Assembly.
Charles Lynch, who operated a state-approved dispensary in Morro Bay, Calif., before it was raided in 2007, also welcomed the new policy.
“It’s a good thing for California. It’s a good thing for the other 12 states that have medical marijuana laws,” said Lynch, who was convicted in August of federal drug charges.
Lynch could face five years in prison when he is sentenced late next month, but in light of the new federal policy, he said he would appeal his conviction and seek a presidential pardon.
Lynch contended that dispensaries like his were vital for patients in the last stages of a painful illness.
“Having one in your community, wherever that may be, is a good thing because it helps these people that need relief,” he said.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
potheads are the most worthless people i know. They sit around all day smoking and have no motivation to go get a job and support themselves. The ones in college, just smoke and then wonder why they can't pass a class. They are the first to whine about not having anything on their own but they don't understand when you have a job you have income.

Not to mention they are mostly worthless liberal sissies who want the government to give them everything while they just smoke up and with people like that they screw up the country.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
potheads are the most worthless people i know. They sit around all day smoking and have no motivation to go get a job and support themselves. The ones in college, just smoke and then wonder why they can't pass a class. They are the first to whine about not having anything on their own but they don't understand when you have a job you have income.

Not to mention they are mostly worthless liberal sissies who want the government to give them everything while they just smoke up and with people like that they screw up the country.
I think you are painting with a pretty wide brush.

·
Registered
693 Posts
These things happen when you drive Chevy's

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I don't smoke pot, but I think it should be legalized for the mere fact that we can stop releasing molesters and rapists from overcrowded prisons because we're incarcerating people for marijuana related crimes.

Alcohol tears apart more families and ruins more lives, yet it's legal. What's worse? Killing your liver or killing your lungs? Might as well legalize it, control it, and tax it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't smoke pot, but I think it should be legalized for the mere fact that we can stop releasing molesters and rapists from overcrowded prisons because we're incarcerating people for marijuana related crimes.

Alcohol tears apart more families and ruins more lives, yet it's legal. What's worse? Killing your liver or killing your lungs? Might as well legalize it, control it, and tax it.

I wonder what the number of people in prison for Marijuana possession really is. Here they usually receive a citation and are released. Even the ones that are arrested usually end up on probation even after several county convictions. They hardly ever spend time in prison for just marijuana possession. But I do understand this is different in other parts of the US.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
But its laying down pretty even coverage :tu:
Everyone that smokes for extended periods eventually arrives where many thousands before them have stood long before them.

:yo:

I think you are painting with a pretty wide brush.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts