Toyota Tundra Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
What do u guys think about pot?
Me myself, I think it should be legal. As long as it is used in a responsible way. Just how Booze should be.
I mean have u ever heard of someone getting high on pot, then killing someone? And there is not one case of someone dying due to od of marijuana.
Peace:hippie:
-Quentin
Yes. I've seen DWI where the driver was stoned out of his mind on marijuana and killed someone (actually 3 people, including one passenger of his, but not himself) due to his intoxication - he was only on pot - nothing else.

Although I've never seen anyone die to OD of only marijuana, you'll find that the toxicology reports of a large percentage of alcohol poisoning coming back to marijuana use. Your body wants to get rid of the excess alcohol by purging it the fastest way that it can - vomiting. Unfortunately, marijuana has this property of suppressing nausea.

Personally, I don't see why people want to get stoned or high or plastered. I think you miss out on a lot of what life has to offer because you're too loopy to enjoy it. I've not seen a need to get drunk etc since I was about 24, and I don't think I need it to feel loose etc - but that's me. Other folks may feel that they "need" this to have a good time. Their choice.

I think it is overly myopic when people want to ignore that marijuana use can lead to other problems - other drug usage; long term depression; paranoid behavior, etc. In the end, it's your decision. I'm cool with it being illegal. Especially since the weed today isn't the weed of the 60's... this stuff is genetically enhanced to be a lot more potent.

Enough of my ranting.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Ok, I'll finally chime in. I think that weed is a stupid drug...just like other drugs.

Saw a lot of dudes in HS become stupid from smoking a lot of weed.

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
Ok, I'll finally chime in. I think that weed is a stupid drug...just like other drugs.

Saw a lot of dudes in HS become stupid from smoking a lot of weed.
Gotta agree with Woody. It's stupid. Stay away from it. I'll watch a stoner movie now and then as a reminder.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think its funny how most of who are for legalizing it are all pretty young and the older guys (no offense) are against it.

I think the problem with legalizing it would be the fact that it is addictive. From my understanding, more addictive than alcohol. Yes, cigarettes are addictive as well, but it is just fine to take a 15 minute break at work and go smoke a cig. You wouldnt be allowed to go smoke weed during work, simular to having a drink.

On the other side, people who are high are always happy, unlike drunks who tend to get mean. That does make it easier to deal with disorderly stoners.

I have never tried weed, but overall don't see a huge problem with legalizing it. The formulas would be much more restricted than the current illegal unrestricted market. Also, tax the hell out of it! It isnt a necessity in life; just like tobacco and alcohol. Taxing the life out of it will just generate more income for our government and keep other taxes lower for all of us non smokers.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,567 Posts
Interesting as well that it appears that those in favor of relaxing the laws generally are not the intensive users of the stuff. If you smoke that much, you won't have the ambition to go out and lobby to legalize it.

They could charge 100% tax on it, and it would still be cheaper than the stuff you buy now, the profit of which goes to biker gangs and other criminal organizations. The quality could be controlled (as it currently is, for example, with alcohol) and you'd not end up with whatever other crap it's sometimes cut with.

As many posters above have stated, there were the "stoners" of high school; they never seemed to have trouble getting pot despite it's illegality. I'd rather have it taxed and the money used in addiction prevention and treatment than have the profits go to gangs and drug dealers.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,567 Posts
Sorry slow server. I can edit my posts, why can't I delete them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
All you guys need for complete health is just to use a great site that will help you live and have a lot of fun. You can heal yourself bestofcbdoilreviews.com and a lot of your friends. I think that you should advise everyone to buy this tool. Only the best doctors work there

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,276 Posts
The history of Cannabis in America is distorted at best, and it's laced with lies and propaganda. Also, the only way to make Cannabis legal once again in America is to eliminate the prohibition on Cannabis. The worst thing about Marijuana today is government involvement in the production and distribution so they can tax it, quality & safety will be brushed aside in favor of profit.

No matter what side of the issue you are on, this is a movie that all of you should watch. It is available on Amazon Prime.
Emperor of Hemp - The Jack Herer Story

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s kind of a double edge sword for me. I feel that it kills motivation. My friends that smoke, just want to sit around and get high. They work, go straight home, and tuck in for the night of smoking. Marijuana became the thing they prefer to do now instead of being active.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts