Toyota Tundra Forums banner

What do you guys think of this setup

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  toytundrax 
#1 ·
Hey guys
what do you think of this setup?
07 SR5 DCLB 4X4
ARB OLDMAN EMU LIFT 2.5" more like 3.5" - Would go 6" but don't want to cut frame just yet.
WARN Transformer front end with WARN XD9000I
WARN Dual Beam Lights
WARN Quick Connect front and rear
N-FAB full 6-Steps
ARE Bed Cover
KC Rear LIGHTS
Cross Drilled / Slotted Rotors
AFE intake
Flowmaster custom exhaust
JL W7 under rear seat
Kenwood / JL Audio system W/indash DVD

ARB Leaf Pack Flexing

Rear Warn 175AMP Quick Connect (between hitch and reverse light)

See less See more
#4 ·
The warn Quick connects are the pre wired power jacks used so that i can move my winch from the front to the back or to use a trailer mounted winch, jumper cables or other high current applicaitons. The third picture is a shot of the ARB Old Man EMU leaf pack in action flexing upward

#5 ·
Looks very good, adn very simliar to mine! (minus the rear leaf pack).

Did you do the OME HD coil kit or the MD coil kit?

If you did the MDs, they'll sag a bit. I sit about 2.5-3" above a stock tundra with a Ranch Hand (i have a pic if you want me to post it).

Oh yeah, what tire size are you running?

-rockstate

#7 ·

Nicely done on the HD coils. I about orderd 'em but canceled 'em JUST before htey got shipped. I wish I would have kept 'em sometimes but, I just don't know. My set up weighs 112 lbs... yours prolly weighs close to 200 lbs.

So are those the 305/65/18s?

Mine are 285/65/18s

-rockstate

#19 ·
Is that on the passenger side or the driver's side? Mine sits around 39" pass and 38.75 on driver's side.

I'm running around 40-45 (I've been lazy but they hold air well, so I'm not TOO worried about it).

If you bump your pressure up you will see the response in steering increase dramatically. It won't feel as heavy.

Oh yeah, and can you post some pics of the ball joints and CVs? Those were my main worries with doing the HD lift. Ive heard anywhere from 3, and mostly 3.5-4" lift with abouta 200 lb setup. Mine weighs 112 lbs, so Im on the lighter side of things.

-rockstate

#20 ·
I drove the last 10-15k miles at around 45psi in the front and 45-50psi in the rear. It does feel a lot more responsive like that but it bounces like crazy with the 10 ply bfgs. For the last month i droped my psi to 32 on the front and 30 in the rear. It rides softer but mpg dropped and tires look flat. I think i'm gonna go back to at least 40 in the front and rear. I know the may on the load rang E tires is 80 but what is the manufacturers suggested psi if you know?

#22 ·
here are some front end pics with a toytec diff drop kit installed with the EMU coils.

I was thinking about adding the toytec 1/2" in spacers back on top of the coil hats to give me that little extra to make up for the sag from the winch.
You are correct. I have 39" 1/8 on the DS and 39 1/4-3/8 on th PS. I had the truck aligned when it was sitting at 25" hub to fender so i don't see a problem if i add the 1/2" spacers.

#24 ·
Call up OME before you do so and speak to a tech. They have EXCELLENT customer service (probably about hte best I've ever dealt with). As a matter of fact, theyre still open if you read this within the next few hours.

I dunno if I'd do a spacer lift on top of that suspension. Your CVs look pretty tight, and your BJs look pretty decent. You don't have a lot of reliability left if you increased the angle on your CV joints I'd say. (some of the guys would know this all better than me though).

I'm the same way though, once it looks "normal" its time to go bigger lol. Once the new tires come around in the winter, itll look great again.

-rockstate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.