Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys its been a long time coming but ill finally be able to purchase everything I need really soon, tell me what you think.

7" BDS lift with 5100's up front cranked up 1", add a leaf in the rear for an extra 1.5" that will probably settle to an even 1", 20x10 kmc monsters with 37x13.50x20 toyo mts.
I'm pretty set on the lift components and the wheels, one thing I've been jumping back and forth on is running 38's instead or running 15.50, but my big thing is since I'm getting 20x10 monsters,I have to get a -12 offset, making the tires stick out roughly 3", now I'm fine with that after looking at the setup in pictures but here's the thing....
I don't believe ill consider 15.50,even if they would fit after trimming and cutting,the tires would stick out like a ***** with the -12 offset, so my next thing is, I really want my tires to look wide enough compared to the height of everything, so would a 38x13.50 look somewhat skinny in comparison? I know the 37's are exactly that,37" and 38's are actually 37.7, not a huge difference but still.

You guys wanna chime in and give your personal thoughts? Keep in mind ill cut and trim whatever is needed.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Ok, so I don't have these tires and I understand your concerns, But when I see 37's or 38's, I don't find myself wondering "is the height proportional to the width?" I find my self thinking "cool, those are some big azz tires!" Now if it is more of a functional thing, ie wider tires giving more traction, the go with the wider ones, but if its just about looks, I say the skinnier ones would be fine and your less apt to have MAJOR paint chips. JMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purely for looks my friend, so now that being said, would you opt for 37x13.50 or 38x13.50? I've seen 38x13.50 on a bulletproof lift and from the side they look great but from the front or back they look pretty skinny and tall.... could this be from the lift being so high that it uncovers a lot of the tire so that it looks odd on the bulletproof but it could look perfect on a 7"? This is what I've been pondering

·
Registered
860 Posts
uh, you putting 8 inches of lift in the front and 1" in the rear? Do you enjoy looking at the sky while you drive?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
uh, you putting 8 inches of lift in the front and 1" in the rear? Do you enjoy looking at the sky while you drive?
Yeah I'm really confused by this lift set up. Maybe we are missing something??

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Alright guys its been a long time coming but ill finally be able to purchase everything I need really soon, tell me what you think.

7" BDS lift with 5100's up front cranked up 1", add a leaf in the rear for an extra 1.5" that will probably settle to an even 1", 20x10 kmc monsters with 37x13.50x20 toyo mts.
I'm pretty set on the lift components and the wheels, one thing I've been jumping back and forth on is running 38's instead or running 15.50, but my big thing is since I'm getting 20x10 monsters,I have to get a -12 offset, making the tires stick out roughly 3", now I'm fine with that after looking at the setup in pictures but here's the thing....
I don't believe ill consider 15.50,even if they would fit after trimming and cutting,the tires would stick out like a ***** with the -12 offset, so my next thing is, I really want my tires to look wide enough compared to the height of everything, so would a 38x13.50 look somewhat skinny in comparison? I know the 37's are exactly that,37" and 38's are actually 37.7, not a huge difference but still.

You guys wanna chime in and give your personal thoughts? Keep in mind ill cut and trim whatever is needed.
:wtf: are you talking about...just babblering it sounds about tires i saw 37s in there like 10 times...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I needed to explain that the BDS 7" lift comes with a 4" block for the rear....
It will be an 8 inch lift that is leveled out

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
ok and you want to put 38" tires on a 20 inch wheel...i would leave it with no add a leaf to the block and i would not crank the front suspension one more inch...ride will be to stiff...i would go bds 7inch and see if ICON vehicle dynamics 6inch lift coilover will fit to bds specs and then i would put a add a leaf to the 4inch block...am i following correctly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So your saying don't add a leaf in the rear if its just BDS but add a leaf if I have an icon coilover? I've checked and icon wont work with bds

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got 37x13.5's on my F250 and had 38x15.5's and they looked pretty ridiculous. One thing with width, the further out you go with the rims and the wider the tires, the more strain on suspension happens.I would recommend the 37x13.5 over the 38's.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I saw an F-250 a little bit ago that had some 15.5's and they looked too wide to me.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
and by the way it doesnt have to be 15.5....here this is just for toyo but there are others ....38x13.50R18, Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain Load Range DMax Load 3970Tread Depth 21/32Overall Diameter 37.7 InchesBlack SideWall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts