Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
In the VERY near future I hopefully step up and purchase a SR5,DC, 4x4, TRD, 5.7. I have read many conflicting posts as to seat comfort. I weigh 200 pounds and I am 6'3 (34 inseem). I have owned many cars/trucks over the years, and I am usually comfortable in most anything.

However my mother purchased a new 2006 Highlander last summer, and I have noticed that when I drive the Highlander for more than a 1/2 hour or so my right leg goes numb. The Highlander is the only vehicle that has ever done that to me and I hate to drive it for a longer period of time. Any ideas why the leg would go numb (and no I don't have any medical issues!)? I just hope that the new Tundra will not do that to me!

Thank you,
Zack

PS: I can't wait to have the Tundra sitting in my driveway!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seat pan depth is probably not long enough to support your entire thigh so the distal portion of your hamstrings on the right leg is being compressed possibly nerve or vascular claudication leading to your symptoms. If you get out of the vehicle and the symptoms go away that is probably your culprit. Another possibility I see is when people carry fat wallets in their back pockets while driving. This can compress your sciatic nerve producing the described symptoms....and leads to an obvious quick fix.

My guess is thought number one. I am also 6'2" with a 35" inseem and small seat pans that are not adjustable give me a similar problem on long drives, but related to pure discomfort and stiffness.

A 30 minute drive producing symptoms in your case sounds severe. I know you said (NO MED PROBLEMS).....keep an eye on your back....symptoms only down one leg, specific to an area of that leg?, and noticeable with prolonged sit of 30min or greater...? I am no medical expert here....or maybe I am, but it is possible to have a minor disc buldge produce those symptoms only noteable while sitting and relieved on standing.

YES, when I exit the vehicle the numb feeling goes away. I wonder if the Tundra has a similiar seat set up to the Highlander? I guess I would have to do a long test drive in a Tundra SR5 to see if a problem exists.

Zack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.