Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so for those of you running 35s i was just wondering your honest opinion... should i run something smaller if im going to be doing alot of driving with holiday trailer and quad in the back on back country roads? i dont want to have to do much more than trim the skid plate and relocated front mud flaps. i want to have absolutly no rubbing at any time. whould you recommend running like a 305/55/20 or could i get a way with a 285/65/20? what do you think? i am wanting to run monsters or rockstars and not sure if 18s or 20s yet but just trying to figure tire diameter first. i may run 18x9 with 35 offset with 295/70/r18 would this work?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Since you'll be getting new rims why not keep the stockers just for pulling the trailer. Swap them out when you pull the trailer for better fuel milage and all the stuff that comes with it, trans. temp, engine working harder, etc. But maybe you don't have the time or necessary tools, in that case try and find a tire that weighs the least. I have 33x12.5 toyo m/t and if I remember right they weigh around 80lbs, the stock rugged trails I believe were around 40lbs. Thats 160lbs more rolling mass and equals out to around 2 mpg unloaded, in my case. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Where is Barney Fife when you need him??

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
i want to have absolutly no rubbing at any time.
You answered your own question. Have some common sense and go with the smaller size tire. BTW, you have like three threads up basically asking the same question lol :td:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts