Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that most of us will not be able to custom order the specific options we want from the factory, I was wondering exactly which factory options are a "must" from the factory and which ones can be easily added by me. For example, NAV/stereo & moonroof wouldn't be an easy thing to install. However, I have learned that the fancy rearview mirror is a kit; tailgate camera with or without NAV seems straightforward.

How about the factory DVD player? I'm taking about getting all of the DVD player functionality such as the 110v power outlet and being able to view the image on the NAV and playing sound through the stereo speakers and the subwoofer. I have heard that the Crewmax is prewired so could it be done via a kit? In some regions (Gulf States), the factory DVD player isn't even an option. You must get a port-installed model.

How about sonar?

Daytime running lights?

50 state emissions?:clown:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm pretty sure that NAV is an easy thing to install as long as you use one that hooks up to the factory harness, unless there is a different way to mount it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That console sounds like a perfect place to hard-wire a mostly-permanantly-mounted radar detector, also.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
That console sounds like a perfect place to hard-wire a mostly-permanantly-mounted radar detector, also.
It is. I tapped off a 12v switched connector inside the console. Blue wire switched 12v, white with black stripe is ground.

Attachments

·
Banned
888 Posts
E V E R Y T H I N G can be added pretty simply(with proper tool set)
Every option their hoseing the consumer with will be availble in acouple months for literally HALF the cost !
No excuse for not haveing decent tools :D the money youll save waiting for aftermarket mods will more then pay for a decent tool box from Cobalt or Sears :tu:
or you cant take the short-cut to "hosed" and just buy a Limited LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts