Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yea that truck has all sorts of things that don't seem to fit quite right on it. To start its got way to much chrome, and the chrome pillars look ridiculous same with the rear door handles. Second toyota doesn't make a limited long bed truck, so the guy bought some "Limited" stickers and smacked them on there. Next, they don't make a TRD long bed either so he got some "TRD" stickers and smacked those on their too. And finally that is not a good looking grille. Like ya said its a navigator with a toyota logo stuck on it. But to each his own, all that matters is the owners happy.

As far as YOUR truck goes, i think blue streak is my favorite color, great choice! I woulda got blue streak, but my toy hauler has red a dominant color and my boats red too so reds what i got. haha.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
...the chrome mirror covers and chrome window vent cover things look way out of place too. But like i said to each his own. haha

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
There are soooooo many things about that truck that I hate!!!! And as for the grill, I'm not a fan of that either.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
someone needs to stop shopping out of pep boys or jc whitney...

·
Registered
38 Posts
This truck would fit right in with the blinged out dump trucks over in Japan! Not ripping on the guys ideas, but I think too much chrome and illegitimate tags/logos for a long bed. Oh don't forget about the chrome gas door cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
This truck would fit right in with the blinged out dump trucks over in Japan! Not ripping on the guys ideas, but I think too much chrome and illegitimate tags/logos for a long bed. Oh don't forget about the chrome gas door cover.
Yea i think he kinda just made a mess of that thing. And ohhh yeah how could i have forgotten about the chrome fuel door. haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Back when I had my Chevy truck I wanted to lift it and throw on a body kit to make it look like a poor mans Hummer. I know, I know, but it was my first vehicle and as one would always dream when they got their first car or truck all the cool/cheep mods they would add and glue on. JC Whitney was the Christmas wish book for many a teenager.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Back when I had my Chevy truck I wanted to lift it and throw on a body kit to make it look like a poor mans Hummer. I know, I know, but it was my first vehicle and as one would always dream when they got their first car or truck all the cool/cheep mods they would add and glue on. JC Whitney was the Christmas wish book for many a teenager.
Yea i got a buddy that still lives outa a JC Whitney book. Haha hes made a mess of his 97 silverado and everyone, including me thinks so...except for him. But oh well what can ya do. Hahaha :beatsme:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
From what I have seen of your truck, I am not surprised this truck offends you. (your trucks looks pretty bad ***)
Hey thanks man!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just scored a purchase of a used grill on Craigslist for $20 to do the Satochi mod or get some other ideas when I came across this vid on you tube. I have to say that this is pretty ugly IMO. Looks like the Lincoln Navigator grill with the Toyota emblem on it! :duh:
YouTube - 2009 Toyota Tundra work truck ,Straight pipes
IMO the grille sucks and the truck is complete ruin w/all that crom junk:td:. The pipes look good a sound bite would be good.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I am pondering the mods I should do to this spare grill. I was thinking of getting vinyl wrap on the chrome section. Carbon fiber look possibly? and also do the bottom black section of the bumper in it as well to match? I haven't seen anyone do vinyl wrap yet...
BTW I know there are a few haters of the fake looking carbon fiber so if it looks like crap, the nice thing is, I can start over and is can be any color or pattern till I get it right! Iwas thinking of getting the CA-421.
Here's the link on this stuff from 3M:Digital Media Repository

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I saw that grill on ebay. I didn't think anyone would go for it, but hey to each his own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts