Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a thread about a Canadian TSB with 3 leaf pack replacement once. I haven't been able to find it since then. Anybody know where that thread was, or even better, the status of this TSB???

The leafs in this truck suck, and if we can a get a 3 leaf (plus overload) replacement pack, that would be schweet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What was this TSB for? I have an appointment on Monday because the whole truck is about an inch shorter than the passenger side. Does this TSB address this issue?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is it possible that you're thinking of a long thread on another forum?

weak suspension on 2005 tacoma

Search this forum and TN for "bottoming." You'll find a lot of chatter about the 05+ Tacoma bottoming out / sagging too much with weight in the bed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible that you're thinking of a long thread on another forum?

weak suspension on 2005 tacoma

Search this forum and TN for "bottoming." You'll find a lot of chatter about the 05+ Tacoma bottoming out / sagging too much with weight in the bed.
That was the thread, thanks! My problem is that I have bottomed it EMPTY just going over dips in the road, and it sits on the overloads with only 350lbs in the bed...

·
Registered
131 Posts
This might be the thread you were thinking about.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tacoma/85477-2005-d-cab-tacoma-shocks-leaf/

After reading this thread I told my dealer that I thought the rear sagged a bit too much when I had a load in the back. They ordered the parts and installed new rear springs and 4 new shocks about a week later.

The new springs have 3 leafs and an overload. Over all I think that it has helped quite a bit when the truck is loaded.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I believe the TSB is in Canada not the US even though the same problem exists in the states as our northern neighbor for these leafs springs. So bottom line, in Canada good, in USA not so good as far as this TSB goes. Anybody got any new inside on this?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, The dealer just called and said that there is nothing wrong with the truck. That everything in the suspension is to specification. He then said the the truck is like a house and it settles. Then he said that Toyota told him that if I was unhappy with it, they could send it to the body shop.

None if it makes sense me. If everything is up to specification what are they going to do in the body shop? (I asked him and he said maybe tweak the frame).

He also said that it is normal for a car to be crooked. I mean the only reason I measured it is because I could actually see that the truck was crooked.

What do you guys think?

Gonna go and pick it up, maybe I will get more info face to face.

-sean

Please keep us informed as to what happens with your suspension issue.

Regards,
Thane Silliker
London, Ontario

·
Registered
13 Posts
I measured a few of the new tacomas on the lot and they lean one way or another. The best one was 1/4" while the others were 1". Not all leaned to the drivers side.

I will take it back in a few thousand miles if it is still crooked. At least the complaint is in my service record.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts