Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprisingly, this thread was not created. With all the stuff @LOTSOFTOYS has/is doing this should be a decently busy thread.
You guys know the drill. What did you do to your First Gen Tundra Today?

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
We had one of these but it might be buried.

I remembered there was a bag of dog food in it and went outside to get it.

Reactions: Jonesy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hopped in the pickup yesterday to go get some food. Things seemed a bit whiny. Power steering fluid was quite low. I topped it off with some Synthetic DEX 4 that I had for the 4runner. All is quite. I have leak concerns.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,369 Posts
Early trip to Lowe's for supplies, then to Shell for some fuel.
3 hour round trip drive to install a new water filter tomorrow.

My FGT rolls along problem free.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finished installing a new head unit and backup camera in my 01'. Today will complete converting and copying all my itunes m4A files to a flash drive to plug into the unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finished installing a new head unit and backup camera in my 01'. Today will complete converting and copying all my itunes m4A files to a flash drive to plug into the unit.
Let's see some pictures. What did head unit did you go with?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let's see some pictures. What did head unit did you go with?
IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG

I went with a Sony XAV-AX5000. It supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto. The screen size is good enough for these old eyes. I think it's 6.95 inches. (They have larger floating screens but to me they are just an invitation for some idiot to break into my truck.) It also has dual USB ports. Port 1 is for Car Play and port 2 is for media files.

I had to convert all my Itunes to MP3 since Itunes defaults to M4A. Took some time but now I have over 10 GB of music on a flash drive. That's well over 140 albums. That flash drive will live in the lower USB port once I'm done with it.

I got a dual USB port mount from Amazon and replaced one of the accessory plugs with it.

The backup camera is a Boyo VTL. I painted the license plate frame so the camera doesn't stick out as much. Some Allen head bolts with lock washers to secure it. Someone could steal it but they're going to have to work for it.

Enjoying the new head unit so much I didn't realize my OEM clock time was off until I took these pics.😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought oil and filter to change in the next couple of days. Going to put on the Wix 51515 like I run on the XJ and cut it open after one OCI and see how things look.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,369 Posts
It was a flawless installation, and the road trip was smooth. There was a lot of stop-n-go traffic, so I kept the OD turned off much of the time. ~ Whole house carbon filter for chlorine reduction ... you either have a filter, or you are the filter.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hello everyone i replaced my radiator

Reactions: Beth W

·
Registered
741 Posts
denso

Reactions: ChubbyDBLcb

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys know the drill. What did you do to your First Gen Tundra Today?
Added Halogen Headlights, replaced a bumps top on the tailgate, fixed access cab window, replaced the Rack and Pinion steering (torn boot) Flushed brake fluid and transmission fluid. Changed oil and rotated tires. It cost me $1947 for all. With the cost of new trucks it seemed prudent to keep her running awhile longer.

I have the original radiator. How long will an '03 Access Cab radiator last typically? I am in Southern California, using the truck for local mountain runs, highway driving and around town. I put about 15k miles a year on her. The timing belt was done a few years ago. Tires, battery and water pump in 2017.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts