Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
You cant tell any was cut though...The guy did a great job of making it better than factory look

·
Registered
127 Posts
put gas in it and washed it today! now if I can only get 400 miles between fill ups....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Put 285/75 18 Toyo A/Ts on today. Got a good deal on em but I'm not sure about them yet. Great tires, just not sure if they're right for me. Oh and put gas in it... twice:dry:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
put some gas in it!
Fabricated access panels for the oil filter!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Put my utility rails back on after getting the required lowering hardware from bakflip.

Much sturdier then I expected (esp. for stamped aluminum plates).

Unfortunately, the install required trimming all the bolts so things fit nicely and the tie-downs could slide nicely across the entire length of the rail!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
wow thats nearly a 200 page thread..... I will not be reading that one in its entirety.....

in keeping with this thread however, had my front wheels road force balanced to eliminate a vibration around 60 mph....looks like they eliminated most if not all of the steering wheel shake. Will know for sure once I have it up to highway speeds for more than a minute or two...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed the color keyed exterior door handles. It's a good thing I found a thread from here on how to do it. The instructions on Sparks would have taken me a couple of hours. Anyone here need a set of black handles for a Crewmax?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Put the step bars on. My short elderly parents and short girlfriend can now step up without straining groin muscles and grunting with the effort. And a black truck looks very nice with black powedercoated steps. They were actually a present with the girlfriend because it was a struggle to climb in.

Did a wash/polish/wax, first decent chance I've had in the 5 months I've had the truck to take a full day and do it like I like to do it including bug-and-tar remover to remove the remnants of my last long road trip from the front bumper, hood, and mirrors. Where I was it rained every day so I only got one wash and wax in in the first 5 months I had the truck as well as a few trips to the touchless car wash. Now I got her back to the point where I know why black rocks as there's a depth to the shine I just don't see in certain other colors no matter how good of a job you do. But that bad boy is a real handful to wash. May pay my for next detail right before it gets really cold and will try to use detail spray whenever possible to extend time between washes.

Now gotta go find a pin so I can put the bumper-wide hitch step from my old truck on this one in the hope it may protect the rear bumper from parallel parking dings. Still trying to figure out how best to protect the front bumper without permanently adding a foot of length to the truck,

09 Crewmax 4x4/5.7. Sinister black, with Pioneer/Hertz/Eclipse sound, black powdercoated steps, bug deflector, ventvisors.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Repainted the Engine Cover in Semi-Gloss Black instead of keeping it flat black.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
the semi gloss looks great, i am to lazy to do that once let alone twice but i like the latest endeavor much better has a sportier look to it. nice work twice.
tim

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
the semi gloss looks great, i am to lazy to do that once let alone twice but i like the latest endeavor much better has a sportier look to it. nice work twice.
tim

Thanks for the compliment. It really isn't too difficult. Mask what you don't want painted like I did the gray section and just paint over other spots that you may paint another color anyway like I did with the touch up slate on the letters and numbers.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Nice job on that, looks mean. :cool:
Thanks, it also only costs me a can of spray paint; well, actually 2 since I screwed the color choice up the first time.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts