72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Towed this from Morgan City, LA to Roundrock, TX

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
20,000lbs trailer that required military hitch
I towed it from Miami FL to Vancouver Canada (over 3500 miles) and got close to 11mpg with my sequoia (at 65mph on 91+ octane of fuel)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats awesome im new to this so im still testing my pictures didnt come on the post like you lolz

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Pulled my neighbors broke down old chevy for him.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Posted these a while back but I still think it's the best lookin load any Tundra will ever carry! Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive window part Motor vehicle Deer hunting Elk Hunting Vehicle door

·
Registered
457 Posts
I towed it from Miami FL to Vancouver Canada (over 3500 miles) and got close to 11mpg with my sequoia (at 65mph on 91+ octane of fuel)

20,000LBS and you pulled it with a Sequoia :eek:.... Did you break anything on your truck?? Like the tranny maybe??

·
Registered
44 Posts
So far just this and an enclosed 6x10 trailer. I'm looking at 23' toy haulers for next season.

·
Registered
138 Posts
10 round bales of hay on a 24' gooseneck = ~14k lbs total

Very, very impressed with the way it pulled. Never felt pushed around in town and rode great on the highway. There is a steep grade going out of town that all the trucks have problems pulling. I accelerated up the hill from 60 mph just to show my B-I-L (6.4L PSD diesel lover, gas hater) what a real gasser can do! He loses speed pulling similar loads going up the same hill. I also got 12 mpg for that trip to his 8 mpg for similar trip.

Should have taken pictures.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What was in the tanks?

I hate to break it to you, but thats not 20k lbs. Just because it has 20k lbs of axle capacity underneath it (2x10k lbs capacity each) doesnt mean it has 20k lbs sitting on top.

Depending on what was in the tanks, I will guess it was 8-10k lbs total trailer weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts