Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am looking to install a new stereo in an '08 Tundra Crew Max. I am leaning towards the Pioneer F700BT or the Z110BT, but after reading some of the threads on this forum it appears that some of the steering wheel controls on the Tundra will not work with one or both of these models. Does anyone know if there is a way to make either of these HU's work with all of the steering wheel controls? If not, is there another model or brand that will work?
Also, can you install an OEM backup camera to use with either of these HU's? What about another model/brand HU?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
379 Posts
Pioneers are solid, Clarion, Kenwood also well respected. Any camera will work with these units so you can spend $300 for the factory one or you can spend $30 for the Hong Kong special...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Don't overlook Alpine either. Most any of those "big brands" listed make solid head units. It all comes down to look and function for what you like best.

I have my Alpine running the stock backup camera. Aftermarket is easier as they're usually 12V, the OEM unit needed a voltage regulator to get down to 6V.

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks imtfox and VWTim.
Does anyone own a HU or know of one that will work with all of the steering wheel controls?
VWTim: Did you mean that the OEM backup camera is 6v? is there a Metra type adapter ffrom the HU to the camera or did you mod it yourself with the power supply?
Thanks again guys, I really appreciate the input.
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts