Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, on 4-8-07 my local dealer pulled a vehicle inquiry report for a Slate 4X4 5.7 SR5 Crewmax. We looked over the paper and added a few things to the truck and worked out the numbers and it became "my truck." The top says it is in category A. The dealer is a little vague about the time frame of it coming in. Does anyone know what category A means(?) and from the time the dealership can get these reports to actually sitting on the lot? You would think that after a month there would be more information, but reading all the post on Toyota it seems the dealers are left in the dark too.

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe 'A status' means that it is incoming or scheduled to be delivered to the dealer for sale. When a dealer does a vehicle search they can see the status of vehicles at other dealers. 'A' status means incoming and unsold as far as I know. On the manifest/schedule that a dealer can access it will also show the build date. (It is either the build date or the ship date I am not sure. Maybe someone with some real knowledge can help.) This date will appear as something like....SA0521....which I believe means built on 5-21.

This is all gained through discussions with dealers so it is only as accurate as their knowledge.

Maybe some more knowledgeable people can chime in.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
"A" status means that it has been allocated to the dealership. If the vehicle is built in the states, it will have a estimated build date. During some period it is in A status, they will post a window of when the vehicle should arrive. There are many things that can change this window.

While it is in a status, things can be requested to be changed on the truck up until a certain date. Port changes can be changed even later. Port changes are almost always accepted while factory changes arent always so helpful.

the Vehicle inquiry report is the same thing as a factory invoice. The normal invoice doesnt come in until the vehicle does. This is how we find out the true factory invoice prior to the vehicle arriving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a dealer inquiry report and am curious where this vehicle is being shipped to me from. The dealer numbers are 150-05063 does that say who or what state they are? Also my truck is catagory G mean anthing?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have a dealer inquiry report and am curious where this vehicle is being shipped to me from. The dealer numbers are 150-05063 does that say who or what state they are? Also my truck is catagory G mean anthing?
g is supposed to me that it is there, but normally it states g before it arrives. So if it aint there yet, it sure is coming very soon

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
a means allocated
f means freight, meaning it is built and set up for delivery or intranist
g means ground, at the dealership

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wierd mine is A but my dealer says it needs to be a W....what is that?
I was told it was built and in Houston would this be correct for an A?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts