Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between body ground and shielded body ground? I want to add some accessories to my new aftermarket head unit and was wondering if I can use both ground points or should I just use one. I want to hook up the hu to body ground and the accessories to the shielded ground. Or is it the other way around and can I use both without issues?

·
Registered
823 Posts
To tell you the truth a ground is a ground in any car, They say all the important stuff aka head unit computer and so on have shielded ground meaning they all go back to 1 spot but from there it goes out to the battery or body ground and in some cases both. If your adding electronics i would go to the shielded ground with what ever it is. I cant tell you were it is in the tundra though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Petey. I think the shielded ground is supposed to help reduce noise but I'm not really sure. I have two leads on the harness so I was trying not to put too many accessories on one ground. The battery and accessory wires I will have to put several together on each.

·
Registered
823 Posts
There is a location in the truck were shielded grounds go, if for some reason you happen to get grouns noise they do make resistors that will take out that ground noise .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts