Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building an enclosure for under the rear seat of my 2007 double cab. I have measured but it looks like I can only get 5.25" depth. Is this true or can I go deeper? I don't want to have to modify the seats or anything lime that. I searched bit didn't find any threads with clear dimensions or anything.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to raise the rear seats at all without messing up the function or alignment of the seat? 3/4 " would be great

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Is there any way to raise the rear seats at all without messing up the function or alignment of the seat? 3/4 " would be great
5 -5.5" is about max for under the DC seats. You can raise the bottoms up slightly by adding washers under the floor mounts. I did this and it gave me about an extra 1/4". Didnt affect the seats in any way.

Another idea is when youre building your box, use 1/2" MDF for the bottom instead of 3/4", this will give you some much needed extra room under the seat, but at the same time it wont change the interior dimensions of the box.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is 1/2" mdf ok to use. I heard 3/4 was the way to go

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1/2" is fine on the bottom, but use 3/4" for the rest of the box. The floor is supporting the weight on the bottom, and for these small boxes you'll be fine with a 1/2" bottom. I did this on my second and third boxes and they came out great, plus with the washers under the floor mounts, I gained about 1/2-3/4" of much needed clearance. Gives some extra room for the excursion of the cone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Roll Tide! I happened to ask the same question and got the tutorial from the other site. I don't know that I want to redrill holes because if the thread doesn't match those of the screws, then you are screwed! No pun intended. I am debating on sticking with my little 8" sub and get one more or go with an under the seat box with 2 10s. I have to decide soon so I may exchange the sub for the 2 10" woofers. I was looking at a ported box more so then the sealed, but at this point, am not totally sure.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going with a single 12" RE SL. We'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered the box that houses 2 10s and is ported. For subs, I am going with JL 10W0s. I really like the 8" sub, but I want to be able to crank it from time to time. I don't need to be heard 2 blocks away, I just want more bass than it puts out. I am returning it to crutchfield and will go with a some W0's. JL makes some great subs. I know that the RE subs are really good subs too! Keep us posted. The bad thing about the box I am getting is that it only comes in gray and my interior is black. I can recarpet the parts exposed so it will look nicer though. We'll see.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I didn't really like the shallow sub options that I had and wanted to come up with a stealthy solution. I've kind of taken a page out of JL Audio's playbook and designed and built this rear firing dual 8" box for my DC:

It's right at 16" long (front to back) and will house two RE Audio REX8s. Comes in at .7 cu. ft. total, taking into account driver displacement.

-Wes

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a nice looking enclosure. Let us know how it turns out. It will be a while before I get the install done. I am building my system a little bit at a time. Cash is a little tight and I still have to buy the head unit and amp. I'll deffinately post some pics when I can install everything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts