Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a strange question but what is the smaller light in the headlight assembly on my 06 tundra? It's not shown in the owners manual and I haven't been able to find anything on line. It's the small light that is on the bottom left corner on the drivers side and on the bottom right on the passenger side. It's not the headlight/high beam. Is it an accent light? The driver's side one is burned out and I want to replace it, I just don't know what to ask for.

Oh, by the way, there are some cool looking headlight mods out there. Its got me thinking.......

·
Registered
187 Posts
It almost sounds to me like it may be something that was added, possibly a strobe or some type of driving light. Can you post a picture?

·
543 Posts
The bulb size is a 168. A 194 fits also, but the 168 is what it calls for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Greg and 06 1D6,

I appreciate the information. Here's the picture of he driver's side light. You can see it in the bottom left corner.

IMG_0875.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
On mine, it flashes when I hit the lock button on my remote.

·
543 Posts
It also comes on with the parking lights. It's on the DC's and maybe the newer AC's

·
Registered
324 Posts
its a clearance light..05/06 have them in the headlight, earlier have them in the corner lights...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks every one. Yeah, its factory and they come one when the headlights come on. And thanks Fritzindian, could never figure out their purpose.

·
543 Posts
I couldn't find an amber 168 bulb (4.9W) so I replaced it with an amber 194 (3.9W) and love the way it looks now.

To change the bulb you wave to reach down towards the bottom of the housing and you should be able to feel the socket housing, just twist it and pull it out, replace the bulb and reinsert it and twist. Here's a picture so you can see where the socket is. This would be the back of the drivers side housing.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1429729639.383911.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't find an amber 168 bulb (4.9W) so I replaced it with an amber 194 (3.9W) and love the way it looks now.

To change the bulb you wave to reach down towards the bottom of the housing and you should be able to feel the socket housing, just twist it and pull it out, replace the bulb and reinsert it and twist. Here's a picture so you can see where the socket is. This would be the back of the drivers side housing.
View attachment 65826

Cool beans. Thanks 06 1D6. I'm going to give it a try. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here's an example with an incandescent bulb vs. LED replacements:

Some prefer the look of amber, personally I think it depends on the vehicle

Here's the Amber LED option:

Nick C.

·
Registered