Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around and digging through some of the "dandy" features on my POS.... I came across this little deal that looks like a little horn but the horns on my Secrappa are mounted in front of the radiator... No, the little key fob thinggy noise seems to come from somewhere else, like inside the quarter-panel... This thing is mounted right next to the fuse box.

Any ideas??? Sorry if the pics cause any trouble, I'm a first time picture poster dude.

http://home.attbi.com/~thnksno/seqwhat1.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~thnksno/seqwhat2.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, another question.....

What does the following mean???

- H-LP RH
- H-LP LH
- H-LP RL
- H-LP LL
- H-LP RH
- H-LP LH

Appears to me that the H-LP LH & RH have redundant fuses one for 10A and another for 15A.... I gather that these are for the headlights and DRL.... But, what in the world is H-LP LL & RL???? Could these be the fog light fuses?

Referenced pics again below for your viewing pleasure.

http://home.attbi.com/~thnksno/seqfuse1.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~thnksno/seqfuse2.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have no comments on your questions, but I do have some on your attitude. I read your posts earlier and understand that you are frustrated with Toyota service, but to call the Sequoia a POS and a Secrappa is not going to help you get any questions answered and is childish. Your points about Toyota service may be relevant, but you lose credibility when you start associating the quality of the vehicle to the service you receive(Your comments on build quality are contrary to the countless reviews that I read when researching the Sequoia).

Also, if you have had significant problems with your past several Toyotas, then why did you get another one?

If you are truly PO'd enough at Toyota over fog lights, then I invite you to sell your Sequoia and go out and buy a Chevy or a Ford, as you suggested you might do in an earlier thread, and report back to us what you find in terms of build quality. I'm pretty sure I know what that report would sound like.

Lighten up a bit. Life's too short.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with MEENag, talking trash about the Sequoia for no good reason will not get your questions answered. And it will just piss the rest of us off. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No... You Misunderstand....

It's my truck and I can call it anything I want, I didn't call your truck a POS... I meant to be childish, that's the irony, get it? This forum and the internet allow me to voice MY OPINION to the masses... Are you suggesting I be censored?

As far as I'm concerned Toyota has gone from first to worst with their handling of this issue on their second to most expensive model.

Significant issues with Toyota as far as quality? Never! (Well had a rear main seal start dripping on the Tacoma) However, they have a salesforce that doesn't know the difference between a Toyota and a Honda... And the slop work I've had done by their mechanics.... Let's just say I won't let their wrench touch my vehicles if I can help it. Read into this, I'm not "the whiner" at the dealership looking for warranty charity....

I thought I'd never say this... But, GM has had it's build issues although on the other hand their customer service from what I've seen.... Is outstanding when compared to Toyota.

I tell you what... I'm not 100% done with this issue and if I can come to a REASONABLE solution in the near future I'll keep the truck..... In fact I'll probably keep it for the next 3 1/2 years anyway.... I usually buy new every 4 years.

At 33 years of age, a new vehicle every 4 years for probably the next 40 years, now add a new one for my wife every 4.?.?.?.? Toyota makes a mistake by making me even think of buying GM.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thnksno said:
Sorry if the pics cause any trouble, I'm a first time picture poster dude.
no problem, thnksno. i went ahead and changed the pix as a link though.

Chris

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
btw, in regards to your questions. i don't know what they are either. sorry.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: No... You Misunderstand....

thnksno said:
It's my truck and I can call it anything I want, I didn't call your truck a POS... I meant to be childish, that's the irony, get it? This forum and the internet allow me to voice MY OPINION to the masses... Are you suggesting I be censored?

As far as I'm concerned Toyota has gone from first to worst with their handling of this issue on their second to most expensive model.

Significant issues with Toyota as far as quality? Never! (Well had a rear main seal start dripping on the Tacoma) However, they have a salesforce that doesn't know the difference between a Toyota and a Honda... And the slop work I've had done by their mechanics.... Let's just say I won't let their wrench touch my vehicles if I can help it. Read into this, I'm not "the whiner" at the dealership looking for warranty charity....

I thought I'd never say this... But, GM has had it's build issues although on the other hand their customer service from what I've seen.... Is outstanding when compared to Toyota.

I tell you what... I'm not 100% done with this issue and if I can come to a REASONABLE solution in the near future I'll keep the truck..... In fact I'll probably keep it for the next 3 1/2 years anyway.... I usually buy new every 4 years.

At 33 years of age, a new vehicle every 4 years for probably the next 40 years, now add a new one for my wife every 4.?.?.?.? Toyota makes a mistake by making me even think of buying GM.
And for those of us that aren't mind-readers, your issue is?

And yes, feel free to voice your opinion here as well as anywhere else in the USA. Just be prepared for the opinions of others.

Ya know, Honey and Vinegar...

CJ

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: OK, another question.....

thnksno said:
What does the following mean???

- H-LP RH
- H-LP LH
- H-LP RL
- H-LP LL
- H-LP RH
- H-LP LH

Appears to me that the H-LP LH & RH have redundant fuses one for 10A and another for 15A.... I gather that these are for the headlights and DRL.... But, what in the world is H-LP LL & RL???? Could these be the fog light fuses?

HEY thnksno,

YOU VOICE YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats America!!!
Freedom to do and say what you want!

NOW,
I am not sure if those are Fog Light fuses.....
A while back there was a LONG thread that discussed the fog light install for the 2001 SR5
There were some who thought the Fog Lights could just be pushed in and connected using the Pig Tail Wires that are down by the "Black Plugs".
Then using the "SO CALLED" existing Fog Light Fuses (like your photos) and by installing a NEW Headlight Swicth assembly (that mounts to the steering column) this would give them power for the Fogs...
BUT I don't think ANYONE got this to work.
Even with a book of the complete wiring for the Seq.
BUT, the 2002's may be different???????
This MAY work now?

The rest of has had to use the Tundra Fog Light Switch that mounts to the Dash in the blank next to the Dimmer Switch and rear window button.
And Wire it Up as explained in the "HOW TO" section...

As for the "Black" horn thing...
I think this is a "Secondary" horn for the Vehicle Alarm!??
Let me go set-off mine and see if it makes noise....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Yes, I come across as abrasive at times, especially in written word. Nobody here really knows me, my knowledge level, or my sense of humor... I have different ways of looking at things, just as everyone else has and I don't follow the status quo.

I've been around the block on other BBS and encountered many personalities along the way. While I've shattered egos and disturbed some with the way I describe things, I've also made a name for myself and many new friends. In fact 95% of the snowmobiling I do is with people I've met online from Illinois to Canada to New York and places beyond.... Ask anyone of them who bashes Polaris the worst... Then ask any one of them who's the most brand loyal to Polaris.

Enough about me, let's get back to my POS Secrappa....

CJ,

Sorry.... The scoop is. Toyota made a bad packaging option, offered it for $110, said I couldn't have it, realized the error of their ways have fixed the problem on all trucks going forward for a reasonable cost yet they want me to pay $650.... Toyota paid off Jesse Jackson with $75MM yet they won't straighten out $110 set of fog-lights for me and I've probably bought more Toyotas than Jesse has.

Sanchez,

Thanks! I plan to get the multitester out this weekend and do some investigation... Toyota did say that I need the following.

81210-0C020 - Light
81220-0C020 - Light
84141-0C040 - Turn signal switch/fog combo
90987-02012 - Relay

They said that everything should bolt up using the existing harnesses and that one wire would need to be jumped. From where to where? I dunno just yet and Dan the customer service flunky was having a hard time understanding that you don't jump wire for exercise, I had to remind him that you "jump rope" not wire.

One good thing for all of ya'll... IF I can get this resolved, I may have something new to add to the tech columns.

latur

·
Registered
455 Posts
thnksno,

You have different part#'s in your posts...
81210-0C020 - Light
81220-0C020 - Light
84141-0C040 - Turn signal switch/fog combo
90987-02012 - Relay

In your Fog Light Post you entered these numbers..
81210-0C020 - Lamp - $123.65
81220-0C020 - Lamp - $123.65
84310-0C050 - Switch- $197.54

I am not sure if MAYBE Toyota has changed the part numbers for a 2002 but when I purchased my parts I ordered these.
Are they going to TRY and install the turn sginal switch onto the steering column??
Humm, I don't know if it will work.
Like I said before no one has had any luck before.

I purchased my parts ONLINE through a Interney Toyota Parts Place and my costs were:
81220-0C020 Lamp Assy. $109.65
81210-0C020 Lamp Assy $109.65
84160-0C010 Tundra Switch Assy. $29.75
Plus shipping $8.09
My Total was 257.14...
The Relay they are trying to sell you is WAY overpriced.
You could get one at your local Auto Parts Store for less than 10 bucks.
I can PM you the address of the place I get my Toyota Parts from... So far they are the cheapest anywhere!!!!!!!

Then just do the INSTALL yourself. Save yourself the 400 bucks!

One of the BENEFITS, that I like by doing this install myself is I am able to use my FOG LIGHTS with my only Parking lights
AND I am able to use my HIGH BEAM with MY FOGs at the same time...
The LTD and the SR5's that come with fogs CAN'T DO THAT!!!

As for Jumping A Wire.....
I can't belive that ONE mystery wire makes this possible?

When it comes to repairs or accessories, it is my experience that the GUYS/PEOPLE at the Toyota dealerships, specifically the service and parts department, don't know Sh^T about the Sequoia!!!
It is tooo new for them.
They barely know anything about the TUNDRA and that baby has been out for what 3-4 years now??
They had to get 4 guys to REPROGRAM some settings on my alarm and anothe 2 to program a new FOB Remote.

I had to BS with one of the Mechanics to explain to him how i have a 2001 SR5 with Fogs.
I have learned everything that I needed to know about the Seq. RIGHT HERE ON the TS Website!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clarification

Sanchez,

The two posts are different as I had a different knowledge base between the two (ie I learned a little more).... Just to set the record straight....

When I first went to the parts counter, I had the guy look up the lamp assemblies and what we thought was the turn signal/fog switch, he quoted me full retail.... The price he gave me for the switch was actually $246.92... I got the $197.54 from a discount dealer like the one you get your parts from.... As it turns out, this is the wrong switch assembly as it includes also the wiper assembly >>>> An unnecessary part for this application. After getting Toyota Corporate involved, they came up with the part number 84140-0C040 (I think it sells for about $120 retail) and yes it is for the steering column switch.

As for the sole wire... I haven't figured that out just yet. I need to go and get a copy of the wiring diagram from the dealer. Further, this dealer isn't aware of how this single wire needs to be jumped, but they said they will enlist the assistance of another dealer who HAS done this before.

It appears to me that all of these components including the relay will plug in to the existing harnesses with the exception of this one wire. In the near future I'm going to go right to the dealer who has installed this in this manner and get the straight scoop from him instead of second hand. I'll let you know.

Yes, please send me your source for parts. >>> $109 per assembly is cheaper than the $125 I've found!!!

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts