Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the rubber hose is that plugs into a port on the right side (passenger side) valve cover on one end and then into the intake housing on the other end? After cleaning my engine today I noticed that it was disconnected at valve cover end. I previously posted a while back about finding the small diameter hose that goes from the fuel pressure regulator also to the intake housing disconnected after searching for the cause of a rough idle. I mentioned how it seemed to immediately improve my idle after re-connecting it. Eventually the rough idle returned at times, but I don't remember seeing these two hoses disconnected during the other times I have had the hood open until today.

The two hoses are not secured by a clamp or anything so I put zipties around the hoses at the points that they became disconnected. Is that hole on the valve cover just an open hole, or is there some type of valve that cycles it open and closed? I'm a little concerned about the possibility that it could have been disconnected for a few thousand miles without me noticing it right away.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind... just found out that it is a PCV hose. I was assuming that there was just the one on the left side of the engine where the PCV valve is located.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts