Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under my truck today and noticed this hose is off of the transfer case actuator, and so split it won't stay on the tube I assume it is supposed to be on. Can anyone tell me what this hose is for? I can't see where it goes at the other end, so I'm wondering how hard it is to replace?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Vacuum or vent hose? Any chance you have enough hose there you could just cut off the split part and shove it back on? Thats what I did when my washer hose did the same thing. If not just go to your local auto or hardware store and get some replacement hose, a joiner and call it done.

Reactions: Katyclaire

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the response Cheapskate!

Best I can tell, it a breather hose, that being the case, I just wrapped it with electrical tape, pushed it back on the post, and put a zip tie on it. Hopefully, it will stay on...

Reactions: xsnrg06Limited

·
Registered
147 Posts
Exactly what I did. It travels up to on top of Tranny, correct? It is hard to see up there, but sure dont want water getting sucked up if it is not just a breather.
Found while refreshing the ATF WS or replacing diff/transfer case gear oil I believe.
I would still love to know exactly the function and risk of just leaving the old disintegrating hose on as opposed to replacing entire thing once and be done.
I would still add the zip tie though.

I wondered if this was on anyone else's bizarre finds list. Glad to see it addressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts