Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to show off my S/C truck to my neighbor this afternoon.
I was flooring it before it reach the temp and my boost gauge jump all the way to 9.4psi.

Anyone has the spec for the max boost on our S/C (with stock pully)?

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Supposed to be 7 lbs..... If you got 9.4, did it stay at 9.4 and then drop to 7ish or did it stay there? I've gotten over 8 while I was driving in cold weather, but it could have been a faulty gauge. :)

·
Banned
444 Posts
I read 8-9 all the time, but it runs at 8lbs. spike 9.5-10. but have had a malfunction before and seen and felt insane boost numbers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supposed to be 7 lbs..... If you got 9.4, did it stay at 9.4 and then drop to 7ish or did it stay there? I've gotten over 8 while I was driving in cold weather, but it could have been a faulty gauge. :)
Just a spike 9.4.
Haven't heard anyone mention about the 9s yet. That's why i start this thread.
I could push to 8psi any time. 7psi max sounds a bit low.
TRD need to let use know what is number supposed to be!!!!

I read 8-9 all the time, but it runs at 8lbs. spike 9.5-10. but have had a malfunction before and seen and felt insane boost numbers.
Hopefully is it just a no-biggie spike.
I still have 30k left on warranty.
If there is a problem, I want it to break now than later. :devil:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I was trying to show off my S/C truck to my neighbor this afternoon.
I was flooring it before it reach the temp and my boost gauge jump all the way to 9.4psi.

Anyone has the spec for the max boost on our S/C (with stock pully)?
hmmm....keep flooring it like that and it wont matter cause it wont last..plus it kinda makes u look silly.

·
Banned
444 Posts
hmmm....keep flooring it like that and it wont matter cause it wont last..plus it kinda makes u look silly.
Is it your truck? Then you shouldn't worry about it. I think you look silly with a lift, but I don't tell you.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Is it your truck? Then you shouldn't worry about it. I think you look silly with a lift, but I don't tell you.
apparently its not yours either so u shouldnt worry about what i tell the OP....oh and yeah you just told me.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
444 Posts
I figure you should just learn to show some respect to the other members. I guess every forum has got a chode.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
:histthefan: barney you should just bow down now,,,

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Help me to understand or teach me somthing.
What is the point of having the supercharger if I am not using it?

I think it is more silly to have a S/C 5.7L Tundra and drive like a soccer mom.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Help me to understand or teach me somthing.
What is the point of having the supercharger if I am not using it?

I think it is more silly to have a S/C 5.7L Tundra and drive like a soccer mom.
I'm at 510miles, so THIS pig is gonna fly tomorrow!!:bolt:

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
just finished guage install today and it seems to push up to 9-ish, but quickly drops to 10 vac. It's a TRD gauge, but I'm not sure if they put the port in the right place. Maybe Gadget or Sparks can chime in. I don't have a way to check it like we did no the old 4Runner setup.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just finished guage install today and it seems to push up to 9-ish, but quickly drops to 10 vac. It's a TRD gauge, but I'm not sure if they put the port in the right place. Maybe Gadget or Sparks can chime in. I don't have a way to check it like we did no the old 4Runner setup.
So, getting up to 9-ish could be normal op. :mellow3d:
Did you let go the gas when it drop? or VSD kick in? or .....:confused:
When I was checking out the max speed of the truck (after the S/C installed) :becky:, the boost stay on as long as it is at higher rmp.

Of couse, the speed limiter kick in when i get up to 125. :mad:
I am going to log the data next time when I try to see what is really going on.

I am so lost. I wish TRD will relase more spec data. So, we could know if our truck is running properly or not.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Should only make vac once the TB is closed or shut less then the rpm vs throttle.

Normal to make 8-9psi.

Dont look at gauges they will make you go blind.
If you need to know what your boost PSI is get a GD data logger and really find out whats going on.

Look,....I dont have one on my truck but someone needs to get a good logger and find out what boost, fuel pressure, AFR and TPS are doing.

More hp on the SC might be as easy as changing the fuel pressure regulator.

All joking aside, gauges will get you killed.

~JH

·
Forum Admin
8,250 Posts
I figure you should just learn to show some respect to the other members. I guess every forum has got a chode.
Well, we have tons of them. :)

If you have a problem with another member, please ignore them and report
the post to a moderator.

Thank you for your continued support of TundraSolutions.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Well, we have tons of them. :)

If you have a problem with another member, please ignore them and report
the post to a moderator.

Thank you for your continued support of TundraSolutions.
Ummmmm, are you talking about me behind my back again ????????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts