Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Tundra Double Cab 4x4 V8. Wondering what issues may be common for the double cab years (2004-2006).

I know about the ball joint recall. Any other issues for any or all of these model years? I used to own a 2000 Access Cab so I'm also aware of the transmission "clunk" at stop lights <g>.

I would like to purchase a 2004-2006 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 in the next two months and just want to be aware of any issues before buying.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, I have a 05 DC 4wd and just turned 40K miles yesterday. Other than a minor rattle in the bed area, I haven't had a lick of trouble with this truck. I am very pleased with this truck, lots of interior space and a full size bed.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Gas mielage thread at 40K hits but guess nothing much more to talk about except Routine Maintenance and financing!! If ya have surfed here long you should have just about all the knowledge ya need to do it again!! Good luck!!:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
30K+ on my 2005 DC and only problem was a squeaky seat track that my dealer replaced under warranty. Other than that, trouble free. Really love this truck. Test drove an 07 and really liked it. Thought about getting one until I got back into my 05 and realized how nice it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never had a "clunk" with our '00 SR5 V8 AC. That was the first Tundra we bought, new off the showroom floor. Next, we bought the '02 SR5 for our daughter and not to be left out, I got the '04 DC for myself. 39,000+ miles later, I love my troublefree truck. Good luck with whatever you end up buying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts