Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a Crewmax soon but my local dealer says he will only sell it at MSRP. NOT going to happen. He has had 2 Crewmaxes on the lot for 3 weeks. Obviously nobody else wants to pay MSRP either. I understand that at this time, there aren't any incentives on the Crewmax. I was just curious as to what kind of deals you have been getting on the Crewmax. I live in South Texas near Houston so if any of you have a dealer that you like and made a good deal, let me know.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am wanting to get a Crewmax soon but my local dealer says he will only sell it at MSRP. NOT going to happen. He has had 2 Crewmaxes on the lot for 3 weeks. Obviously nobody else wants to pay MSRP either. I understand that at this time, there aren't any incentives on the Crewmax. I was just curious as to what kind of deals you have been getting on the Crewmax. I live in South Texas near Houston so if any of you have a dealer that you like and made a good deal, let me know.

Thanks!!!!
stop talking to the sales guy, and go right for the general manager. i certainly did not pay msrp for mine, and purchased it before it was even on the lot.
Some dealers want 3000 over msrp, they are nuts.
I give a big f u and honk when I pass the local dealer here, who is a complete ***.
2500 off msrp is not asking a lot at this time, and they are still making plenty. just dont let them add on stupid fees like glass etch and crap like that and its not a bad deal for a new model that is hard to cme by in certain areas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree completely. I wouldn't buy if for MSRP or let them add those "worthless" add-ons. I live in a small town, 60,000, and for some reason the local dealership thinks they can get away with selling at MSRP. My co-worker went by there and he got the same run around. He went the next day to a Ford dealership and bought an F-150. I am still going to buy a Crewmax, I may just have to drive a little to get a better deal.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You may wish to look in New Mexico (i'm in Austin). Gulf States (the distributor) seems to go skimpy on the factory options and load up the port options that artificially jack-up MSRP. Notice how all of the trucks you are looking at in Texas are not really configured with everything you might want (factory options) and always have a bunch of things you didn't know you wanted (port options).

Here's what I "ordered" from a dealership in New Mexico. They were willing to search the allocations in the Denver distribution region (New Mexico, Colorado, etc.) Either you will have to order the truck you like (months) or choose from what they have coming in over the next several weeks.

CrewMax Limited 2WD 5.7
factory options: 20" alloy wheels; nav; running lights; sonar; moonroof; cold kit; mudguards
port options: mats, spare tire lock
MSRP $43769
paid $39928 + TTL

There is also a dealer in New Mexico (think UFO's) who is offering all CrewMaxes for $500 above invoice. If you inquire via the internet from another state, then they know that they are going to have to give you a great price to get you to fly out there and drive the truck all the way back.

I would do it for the price, however, it's more important, to me, to get all of the options that I want. Don't just look at how much below MSRP it is, but how many factory options you can get for under $40K - Limited w/ nav/440W JBL, 20" wheels, moonroof, sonar, cold kit. There's no comparision to the way the Gulf States CrewMaxes are being configured with at $41K to $44K right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, today was my first experience with getting a price quote from my closest Toyota dealer here in NJ. I emailed them and said I'm comparison shopping a fairly well-loaded Chevy Silverado 2LT/Z71 4x4 Crew Cab (MSRP $43,450) with the Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd. w/ Option Group G (MSRP $46,600).

Now, considering that I can use GM's current incentives and a GM supplier certificate to get the Silverado for just about $36k even ($~7,500 off MSRP), I was a little surprised that the Toyota dealer came back with "We can give you $500 off MSRP".
:cool:

I thought Toyota was trying to get a foot in the door, here? Now, I don't expect Toyota to match the GM price, but $500?!??! Come on... (not to mention I think that's a factory rebate, and not any offer by the dealership). I'd like to give Toyota a chance, but not for a cool $10k out of my pocket.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's interesting. I was given the same deal from a internet dealer here in Texas, $500 off MSRP. Guess they enjoy seeing those trucks collecting dust on the lots...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here in the DC metro area, I am paying $227.00 over factory invoice. I ordered my CrewMax on 3/26/07 and the dealer told me it will come in the week of May 14th. I got TRD 4X4 Silver Streak, SR5, moonroof, sonar, mudguards, wanted JBL upgrade (dealer said the factory won't accept the build till the third week of May, because its viewed as custom.) It is about $37,500 out the door.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lol, If I could that deal here in Texas, I would buy one ASAP...
Do you know Diane, that is on this forum. She seems like a straight shooter. She is in Ca., but if you get lots off it's still saving you. My dealer has a silver crew loaded that I know he will deal on. He's in Ohio, tho.
I found a guy in N. Carolina from ebay. Spoke to him, was going to go to him until I found my dealer, but if they know you are serious about dealing elsewhere they have to deal or lose you!!!!
I was so perturbed by my treatment by the Toyota dealers around here I called customer service. I told them that Toyota would not be happy with the way many of their customers were being treated. It probaby did no good, but it felt good - you guys were offered $500 off msrp - the first dealer I went to offered me $100 off with my Costco card!!!! I laughed for awhile, but ended up really angry - will never set foot in their door again!!!!
Don't give up, we got a deal from a great dealer who worked with us.
Camper1333

·
Registered
202 Posts
I picked up my White, 4x4, limited CrewMax, 5.7, sunroof, Nav, sonar, 20"s for Diane last night. I, too, called, e-mailed and visited 12 dealers in Los Angeles, including Longo Toyota (They sell 2200 cars a month). Longo said 500.00 off msrp, "maybe we could go 1000.00". It was the same story for most of the other dealers. It was like pulling teeth. I called Diane (as a result of this site) and in the first 5 minutes I had what I considered a reasonable price given the specifics that I wanted (i.e. white, 4x4, limited, nav, 20"s). I said it's a deal.
That was less than 3 weeks ago. I picked it up last night and the deal was done. It was very easy (other than the finance guy that was as sleazy as they get, you know.... "The paint/corrosion system (Wax) will really help protect the finish on the car and its only $500.00". Ugh!
Dianne is legit. Just watch out for the finance guy. But, that goes for any dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Well, I stopped at a dealership here in MD and all the trucks including the two crew-max versions were already $2500 off of MSRP. That is a pretty good starting point. I don't think it is unreasonable to get another $1k to $2K off of that for the limited models...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Been looking around for an Crew Max SR5 with a moon roof. Gulf States don't order in their SR 5's with moon roofs or so I've been told.

Local dealers here said they wouldn't order what I wanted. Finally found a dealer who said yes I will order it just like you want. Got down to price and he isn't willing to budge off MSRP! You must be kidding me??

His reply was well if you can find something on the lot you like we might be willing to take a little off the sticker. I asked how much is a little? His reply was around $500.

They must be smoking crack there! No way I am paying MSRP for a CrewMax. There is no way they are going to crack the numbers they have been forcasting pricing like that.

I want the dealer to make a profit. I want him to be in business so if I have a problem I have a place to take it to. But bending someone over for MSRP is just stupid.:eek:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Virtually all my CrewMax models have sunroofs. Bummer you're not closer. :(

Been looking around for an Crew Max SR5 with a moon roof. Gulf States don't order in their SR 5's with moon roofs or so I've been told.

Local dealers here said they wouldn't order what I wanted. Finally found a dealer who said yes I will order it just like you want. Got down to price and he isn't willing to budge off MSRP! You must be kidding me??

His reply was well if you can find something on the lot you like we might be willing to take a little off the sticker. I asked how much is a little? His reply was around $500.

They must be smoking crack there! No way I am paying MSRP for a CrewMax. There is no way they are going to crack the numbers they have been forcasting pricing like that.

I want the dealer to make a profit. I want him to be in business so if I have a problem I have a place to take it to. But bending someone over for MSRP is just stupid.:eek:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Crewmax

One example of a CrewMax I have coming in late May:

2007 4WD Crewmax SR5 5.7 liter (okok THE BIG MOTOR!) in black with black cloth interior, and:
Included Options:

[BU-CM] Cloth Bucket Seats w/8-Way Power Adjustable Driver''s Side / 4-way Adjustable Passenger''s Side, Adjustable Headrests, Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel, Floor Shift Lever, Center Console Box with Laptop and File Storage, Trip Computer (Curr MPG/Avg MPG/ Range/Temp Gauge)
[CF] Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protector
[CK] Cold Kit: Heavy Duty Battery, Heavy Duty Starter, Heavy Duty Anti-Corrosion Protection, Windshield Wiper De-icer w/Timer
[DS] Deck Rail system with 4 adjustable tie-down cleats
[EJ] JBL audio system upgrade with: 6-disc CD changer, 10 speakers with subwoofer, 8 channel 440W amplifier, Bluetooth capability, steering wheel audio controls, auxiliary audio jack.
[EY] Rear Seat Entertainment System with rear audio system, dual wireless headphones, wireless remote and 115V outlet.
[MG] Front and Rear Mudguards
[OF-CM] TRD Offroad Package: Offroad-tuned Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, Unique 18" Alloy Wheels w/ P275/65R18 BF Goodrich Tires, Fog Lamps, Engine and Fuel Tank Skidplates, Front Tow Hook, TRD Offroad Package Graphics
[PN] Anti-Theft Alarm system
[RB] Brushed stainless steel stepboards
[RL] Daytime Running Lamps
[TM-CM] Tow Mirrors: Manually Extendable, Power Adjustable, Heated, with Turn Signals (In Limited model Crew Max, replaces Standard Equipment Mirror, but deletes Power Tilt / Telescoping Steering Wheel (you still get a manual adjust tilt, telescopic wheel) & deletes Seat / Outside Mirror/ Steering Wheel Memory in Limited models)

the MSRP sticker is $40,610.
That truck's not going to be here till the end of May.
It's $37,937 to whoever barks at me first for this custom order!!
___
(truck here) Tundra CrewMax 2WD SR5 with the 4.7 in silver with the gray interior, and:
Included Options:

[AA] 18" Alloy Wheels with P275/65R18 Tires
[BU-DC] Cloth Bucket Seats w/8-Way Power Adjustable Driver's Side / 4-way Adjustable Passenger's Side, Adjustable Headrests, Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel, Floor Shift Lever, Center Console Box with Laptop and File Storage, Trip Computer (Curr MPG/Avg MPG/Range/Temp Gauge)
[DZ] AM/FM Audio w/6-Disc Changer, 6 Speakers and Auxiliary Audio Jack
[FE] 50-state emissions (no charge)

MSRP is $32,035. That's $29,996 to you, thru me and ONLY me.
_________

(truck coming) Tundra Crew Max 2WD SR5 5.7 liter BEEEG motor in blue streak with gray interior. Has:
Included Options:

[BU-CM] Cloth Bucket Seats w/8-Way Power Adjustable Driver''s Side / 4-way Adjustable Passenger''s Side, Adjustable Headrests, Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel, Floor Shift Lever, Center Console Box with Laptop and File Storage, Trip Computer (Curr MPG/Avg MPG/ Range/Temp Gauge)
[CF] Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protector
[EJ] JBL audio system upgrade with: 6-disc CD changer, 10 speakers with subwoofer, 8 channel 440W amplifier, Bluetooth capability, steering wheel audio controls, auxiliary audio jack.
[FE] 50-state emissions (no charge)
[OF-CM] TRD Offroad Package: Offroad-tuned Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, Unique 18" Alloy Wheels w/ P275/65R18 BF Goodrich Tires, Fog Lamps, Engine and Fuel Tank Skidplates, Front Tow Hook, TRD Offroad Package Graphics
[SR] Moonroof, sunshade
[TM-CM] Tow Mirrors: Manually Extendable, Power Adjustable, Heated, with Turn Signals (In Limited model Crew Max, replaces Standard Equipment Mirror, but deletes Power Tilt / Telescoping Steering Wheel (you still get a manual adjust tilt, telescopic wheel) & deletes Seat / Outside Mirror/ Steering Wheel Memory in Limited models)

and the MSRP sticker is $35,440. The prcing to my TS folks is $32,514 when it gets here. Add $400 for anything else like it in a different color! :)

These are not ads. There are no VIN#'s in the post here because this is not an ad... these are savings offered by me!

Di
Call me direct at 949 276 7100 if you see something you like and are COOL with coming for it. I have many many trucks. These are just a few examples.

Toyota of San Juan Capistrano - Powered by Tundra Solutions

Dianne

·
Registered
166 Posts
Virtually all my CrewMax models have sunroofs. Bummer you're not closer. :(

Well you know they do fly planes to California these days...lol. Just kidding. Hey I am willing to wait to get the exact truck I want.

Call me when you get the chance.

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
Call you? Shall I open the window and yell?? LOL!
email me!!
[email protected] or you call me!
949 276 7100

Well you know they do fly planes to California these days...lol. Just kidding. Hey I am willing to wait to get the exact truck I want.

Call me when you get the chance.

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts