Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna get a new set of tires for my truck and am wondering what I should get. I dont do alot of off-roading some here and there but nothing extreme. I want an aggressive look but a fairly quiet ride. the tires I was interested in were the BFG AT's or the toyot MT/s or toyo A/t's. also the firestorm destinations. what do you guys think? is there any other kind you would suggest? I really like the toyo mt's but I would think they would be loud and wear badly on the pavement.

·
Registered
440 Posts
good year wrnagler silent armour or maybe cooper atr?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't know if they make them in the size you need but I had Firestone Destination ATs on my last truck. They worked good and were not too noisy. They did have a hum when slowing to a stop but nothing annoying. At hwy speed they didn't make any noticeable noise.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm gonna get a new set of tires for my truck and am wondering what I should get. I dont do alot of off-roading some here and there but nothing extreme. I want an aggressive look but a fairly quiet ride. the tires I was interested in were the BFG AT's or the toyot MT/s or toyo A/t's. also the firestorm destinations. what do you guys think? is there any other kind you would suggest? I really like the toyo mt's but I would think they would be loud and wear badly on the pavement.
Bridgestone Revos:tu: Far better than BFG A/T especially in winter. Very quiet on the highway for an all terrain tire, great wet and dry traction also good in mud and sand and really good in winter. Seeing that you live in Ontario, winter performace is important and IMO you would be hard presssed to find better A/T tire that's as good as the Revo for winter use.:sleep:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bfg A/T are great, I used them on all my trucks. Great wear, good traction. The ones an my wifes Land Rover have got around 30,000 miles and still are around 50% tread or so. The ones I have on my Tundra now are the Procomp A/T and I like them alot right now. There quiet, probaly as quiet as my Bfg's. Regualr rotation helps any tire. As for snow, the Bfg do very well in snow, including the massive snows we had this winter I had no problem. Ill have to see how the Procomps do in snow, havent had them in much snow yet, might change today its snowing now:cry: They both perform very well in the rain. Good luck and take care

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I got the goodyear a/t 10 ply's put on my truck. They're a good looking tire, somewhat aggressive, a slight bit noisier than the long trails, and i was told i should get about 50k out of them. We'll see though, but so far i'm happy with them.
Oh, they are very smooth at highway speeds also.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I personally like the Nitto Teragrapplers. They are the most silent A/T i've ever had. I have 35/13.50/18 and they are just as quiet as the stockers i had on it before. There great in mud and snow and really great on pavement. I have about 52,000miles on them and i have about 15% left maybe less. Great tire and not nearly as noisy as the BFGs ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've had all 3 of the ones you mentioned. A definate NO to the Toyo A/T's. The Toyo M/T's are a great tire but probably too much for your needs. It's hard to beat the BFG A/T's but they do have problems with their tires being out of round. I also had those Pirelli Scorpions on a jeep that I had for a year or so and they seemed to be very nice tires.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm going for the Firestone Destination ATs everything I have read on the rack sounds like the right tire for my needs..BFGs have had about 9 sets over the years but there are better longer lasting and better made tires out there now

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys. I just had the Toyo M/T's in 275/70/18 installed. They look awesome!! Perfect for a stock truck. E rated, very aggressive and amazingly quiet! Just thought I would share. I traded an 06 Dodge Cummins and think this truck blows it away. Not even close. Have a good one fellas.

Rick

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hi guys. I just had the Toyo M/T's in 275/70/18 installed. They look awesome!! Perfect for a stock truck. E rated, very aggressive and amazingly quiet! Just thought I would share. I traded an 06 Dodge Cummins and think this truck blows it away. Not even close. Have a good one fellas.

Rick
Where's the pic's? Where did you find them in that size?

Dodge cummins? Really? Please make comments here.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I vote for the BF Goodrich A/T tires - I have had them on all my trucks at one point or another (most recently too). Great tires, good even wear, great traction in the mud/dirt and they ride good too.

Never had any issues - I will be putting them on as soon as the tires that come with my TRD package wear out - unless someone wants to buy them.........................................

·
Registered
338 Posts
Michelin LTX...expensive, but worth the price

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where's the pic's? Where did you find them in that size?

Dodge cummins? Really? Please make comments here.
I will try for pics. Les Schwab here in Western Washington had a set in stock. They are listed on Toyo Canada's website. Rated for 3640 at 80psi. Overkill but a great tire. I had the 35/12.50/18's on my Ram. I had issues with my truck from day one. Couldn't quite envoke the lemon law though. I think the Cummins is great, it's just wrapped in a Dodge is the problem. My motto is, "if you love your truck i'm happy for you!" I truly believe that. I've always been a Toyota fan and just needed a stronger truck for towing and such. Well it's parked in my drveway and I couldn't be happier. You should check out the tires though. $335 each but well worth it. They don't stick out past the fenders and are only 3% larger which is recomended. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts