Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM looking at getting 305/65R18 BFG KO. I have a 2007 DC, no trd.
What leveling kit do you guys recommend? Can I just do a 2.5 on the front, or do I need a the 3/1 with a diff drop kit? Does anyone with these tires have any rubbing issues (outside of having to trim the skid plate?)

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
FYI...even if you only do a 2" or 2.5" up front only, you should still do a diff drop.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I have the 5100's in the front on the highest setting. I have BFG 305/65R18's also. Here's some pics. RadiantRedTRD has a similar set up but in Double Cab. Check out his pics too.

EDIT: no I don't have any rubbing issues outside of the skid plate which I just bent up and in.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I think i wask you this every time maylon, but do you have a 1" block in the rear? Btw, looks great.

Rep points if I can

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I think i wask you this every time maylon, but do you have a 1" block in the rear? Btw, looks great.

Rep points if I can

-rockstate
No I don't have the block. I thought I was going to use one but it sits so level now. I took the running boards off recently which looks way better. Hopefully I can get some N-Fabs in the next couple of months. Thanks for the points

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Your truck looks like it sits higher than mine. It must be the tires - as we both have around 2.5" of lift or leveling lift.

No points tonight. Don't know why I'm in points jail!

-rockstate

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's my truck with Bilstein 5100's all the way up and Nitto Terra Grapplers in 305/70/17.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Here is a pic of mine man, i got a Toytec 2.5" Front/ with 1" rear blocks and a diff drop. No rubbing at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey I just got the crewmax TRD rockwarrior. What leveling kit do I go with? I thought I ready something about having to use a different leveling kit with TRD trucks. I was looking at the 2.4 readylift. Is that the right one? I wouldn't think I need to lift the back, but do want the diff drop as it seems highly recomended. My 06 had Camburg coilovers, so I don't know anything about these spacer lifts.
thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the ReadyLift 2.4/1" with the TRD shocks/springs all around.
Only rub was the front black metal skidplate, which I trimmed the corners. Also trimmed the platic liner on the front so it doesn't rub in reverse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts