Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 Tundra 5.7 flex and wonder what oil you recomend. I usually go with Mobil 1 but the dealership was talking to me about some B&G oil that would give me a 250,000 mile warranty at $80.00 and oil change and I have to stay with it each time. Any input would be great.

Ps I know this has been asked several times but I am new to this board and can't quite figure out the search.

Sorry,

Topper

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 Tundra 5.7 flex and wonder what oil you recomend. I usually go with Mobil 1 but the dealership was talking to me about some B&G oil that would give me a 250,000 mile warranty at $80.00 and oil change and I have to stay with it each time. Any input would be great.

Ps I know this has been asked several times but I am new to this board and can't quite figure out the search.

Sorry,

Topper
Sounds like the dealership is giving you a load of BS. I think everyone would be on this bandwagon if we could pull a 250,000 mile warranty out of the engine with this so called "B&G oil" at 80 bucks a pop. I say stick with mobile 1, and do the oil changes yourself. JMO

·
Registered
63 Posts
I recommend 5w20 or 0w20. Any recommendation beyond that is entirely up to you and your pocket book.

·
Registered
422 Posts
the recommended toyota 0w20 synthetic changed every 10K miles is fine for me.

·
Forum Admin
8,250 Posts

Sorry,

Topper
Ask them if BG sells a 20 weight oil and see what they say.

Because BG doesn't sell a 20 weight oil. Which is clearly spec'd in almost all 2010 Toyota engines.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The other thing to consider is this... if you do Mobil 1, and bring in your own oil, you're still paying about $75 an oil change. The price isn't bad - unless B&G (I'm not familiar) is a conventional.

I'd still say Mobil1 or Semi-synthetic. No need to buy the really high end oils if you're going to be changing them religiously.

-rockstate

·
Registered
819 Posts
Amsoil 0w-20 change at every 10K and filter at 5k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts