Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching, but it seems most of you are going with aftermarket wheels...

My customization style is more of "the factory could have built it that way" rather than WOAH, look at all that cool aftermarket stuff on that truck! I have also found that you can get "Take OFFs" at a good price if you know where to look.

I am picking up a Black 2000 SR5 4X4 and want to update the look a little bit. Will be doing a leveling kit and tires and wheels to start. From there I will start to ditch chrome trim, change out bumpers, etc.

What OEM wheels fit, Toyota or other?

Tacoma?
FJ Cruiser?
4Runner?
Land Cruiser?
Lexus GX?
Lexus LX?

Chevy / GMC?

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Any factory Toyota 16x7 should fit. 4Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia. No experience with LC or FJC, check their boards for stock wheel size.

Chevy shares the 6x5.5 bolt pattern, but their wheels may not accommodate our brake calipers. Might need to use a spacer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
FJC - Yes.

Older LC - Yes.

Newer LC/Lexus GX/Lexus LX - nope.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
'05-'11? Tacoma 16x7 - yes, BUT, IIRC, back spacing is 5.5" vs our 4.5" They will fit if you run skinny tires AND spacers....Ask me how I know...

And, yeah, I sourced a set of 4 from eBay from a seller that does take-offs...Mine were like $32 ea, and $92 shipping for all 4...Looked like new.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm the same way; I hate 99% of aftermarket truck wheels, but I love a lot of the OEM stuff. There's a few styles from Enkei and Rays/Volk that I dig, but most are ugly, too busy and overall generic looking.

I've had 4 sets on my Tundra. Original 17" split-5 spoke in anthracite, 16" FJ Cruiser 5-spoke, 17" 6-spoke 4th Gen 4Runner and my most recent set are the 2014 17" FJ Cruiser "Teledials", which I don't have a picture of yet.

I haven't paid more than $500 for a set of 5, some sets even with full tread tires.

Pretty much all Toyota truck wheels have a low enough offset (~+15mm?) to fit without any rubbing with a 285 tire. I recommend a 1.25" spacer all around to improve clearance and rubbing at full lock, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've got 18" 4 runner sport wheels. I think it looks perfect. They should have come from the factory this way...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks man, I love them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm pretty sure the back spacing and offset are the same as the wheels that came on my 2000. The only difference is the original wheels were 16x7 and the FJ wheels are 17x7.5.
These are the wheels mine came with.
Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question for jdaniels. On your Tundra with the cruiser wheels which lug nuts did you use? The original Tundra or the cruiser ones? I have a 2000 Limited and have found some '11 Tacoma wheels at a good price with tires. They don't have lug nuts though. Will my original Tundra ones work? I have the same OEM wheels you had on yours before switching. I know this thread is 3+ months old, but thought I would try. Thanks and I really like your truck. The wheels look great.

Ernie

·
Registered
60 Posts
These were off a 2011 FJ Cruiser. 17". I got a set of 5.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
27 Posts
i am so confused!!!! Toyota seemed to make it difficult as to what can fit where.. maybe you guys can help me understand this.. i was told that tacoma wheels will not fit the tundras however i see the proof in this thread but up to what year? i like the 4runners wheels 2010-2014 but i was told they wouldnt fit now does the tacoma/4runner share the same offset/backspacing?

is there a website of sorts that can have this mapped out? i have tried google and its not my friend in this instance

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts