Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I have written up. What kind of price should I be listing it for?

2001 Toyota Tundra TRD SR5 4X4 Four Door Access cab
This is a rare and incredible truck that’s in EXCELLENT shape with a clear title! This truck is fully loaded – supercharger, lift, subwoofers, remote start, winch, etc… and has been babied its whole life. The only reason I’m selling it is because times are tough and it’s time for me to get something a little more “economical” for commuting.

Engine: The supercharger is amazing and gets this truck moving quick! It has plenty of power for whatever you need. Oil changed at proper intervals with synthetic oil. Transmission, transfer case, and differentials serviced approximately 15,000 miles ago. Have receipts for all maintenance done to it.
-91,XXX miles
-4.7L V8
-TRD Supercharger
-K&N Airfilter
-Vortex Cherry Bomb exhaust
-Optima battery
Lift: This lift was done right and is solid. The tires don’t rub anywhere – not even when suspension is fully compressed.
-3” body lift
-3” EZ Ride suspension lift with differential drop (this keeps strain off of the CV axles)
-315/75 R16 Goodyear Wrangler Mud Terrains
Interior: The interior is immaculate. Stereo sounds great! Installed just this past summer, still have warranties for components in the truck.
-Remote entry
-Remote start
-Clarion CD/MP3 player with auxiliary and USB connections (plug in your iPod and control it from the stereo while it charges)
-Infinity speakers and tweeters
-Infinity 5 channel amplifier powering speakers and subwoofers
-Two JL Audio 8” subwoofers in stealth box (under rear seat – not visible unless the seat is lifted)
Misc:
-CV axles just replaced – have approximately 7,000 miles on them
-Brand new master cylinder and reservoir
-Warn M12000 heavy-duty winch –12,000 pound line limit!
-Tinted windows all the way around
-Sliding rear window
-Running boards
-Husky floor mats
-Aftermarket fog lamps (4)
-Limited slip differential

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check out New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Values & Car Prices - Kelley Blue Book for a price. Don't expect to get much more just because you've spent a lot of money on accessories. You'll never get your money back out of those things since you've pretty much personalized the truck for yourself. You might want to consider selling some of those accessories seperately. You'll get more money for them and maybe even more out of your truck once it's closer to stock. Although, there might be a buyer out there looking for exactly what you've created. It will probably just take a little more time to find him. Figure out a price that will make you happy and be patient... Someone will come along. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
uhhh, free to Battman? Sweet truck. There was a guy in Washington who had a S/C Tundra, 01 I think, he was asking 14k for his!!:eek:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did check out KBB and it comes in just shy of $10k. But I was hoping that the $5k supercharger, $2k winch, $2k lift + tires, the $1.5k stereo, and the misc things like remote start, OEM limited slip, etc... would bump the price up just a touch haha. With a $10k truck and $10k worth of goodies on top of that, I'm thinking $14k is what I'd really like.

I think like sr5e2re said, someone out there will be looking for this truck, I just have to be patient and wait for him. Is craigslist the best way to go? Anybody had any luck with other websites? I don't know that I even want to try fleabay.

·
Registered
756 Posts
don't want to be a downer or anything but, you have a 10 year old truck that needs a timing belt, has a weak tranny and a supercharger on it. The book is less than 10. 14 might be a bit high. The s/c isn't a plus for your truck. If I were you I would take it off and sell it. As stated before these accessories are worth more off the truck. hope you get what you want just sounds high to me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mods aren't worth any money. Just a heads up. Its wishful thinking when anybody prices out a modded vehicle and expects to get more just because of them.

You could start @ 16k for it and work your way down.

Long story short. Its worth 10k blue book and thats all you are going to see people offer you for it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
After I read your ad, and before I read anybody else's posts, i thought to myself that I wouldn't give more than 10k for it. From a buyers standpoint, it's scary to buy a truck that has had so much done to it. gives a feeling to the seller that there are probably a bunch of underlying probs that will need to be addressed. I know, you have babied it, but no one likes to be unsure. I won't buy a modded vehicle, would rather do it myself.

My last truck wouldn't sell with a 4" lift, shell, and winch. As soon as I took all those off, the truck sold the next day for the same frikin price I was asking with all the goodies on it. Then I proceeded to get 2.5k out of the other stuff selling individually.

You've got a sweet truck and it's tough situation when you know everything is cherry, but fact is nobody wants to take a chance. But then again, you might luck out!

BTW, there is an 03 A/C TRD 4X4 all stock except for supercharger and 71k miles for sale down the street from me asking $13,200. Just for comparison.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get what you guys are saying about pulling the mods off and selling them separately, but the only thing I could feasibly do that with is the winch - at which point I'd have to buy a new bumper. The rest is pretty much on there for good.

I'm not entirely sure if any of my mods point to problems, though. Is there anything you could think of that would make the truck more appealing? Parting it out isn't really an option with my lack of time and money.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I get what you guys are saying about pulling the mods off and selling them separately, but the only thing I could feasibly do that with is the winch - at which point I'd have to buy a new bumper. The rest is pretty much on there for good.

I'm not entirely sure if any of my mods point to problems, though. Is there anything you could think of that would make the truck more appealing? Parting it out isn't really an option with my lack of time and money.
My first thoughts, as a prospective buyer, would be, "What has the seller been doing with the truck? How has it been used?"

Given the equipment, mods, I would be left with the impression that the truck saw a good deal of hard off-road use.

As a seller, I would try to persuade a potential buyer that the truck was a hobby truck that I maintained very well and babied a lot. Convince the buyer that mods should actually extend the life of the truck and they also make it a very reliable and versatile rig.

Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first thoughts, as a prospective buyer, would be, "What has the seller been doing with the truck? How has it been used?"

Given the equipment, mods, I would be left with the impression that the truck saw a good deal of hard off-road use.

As a seller, I would try to persuade a potential buyer that the truck was a hobby truck that I maintained very well and babied a lot. Convince the buyer that mods should actually extend the life of the truck and they also make it a very reliable and versatile rig.

Good luck.
Good thoughts. I appreciate the input!

I added this to the listing:
This truck has only been used offroading once, mods done specifically for snow conditions in Colorado, where I'm from. Never been abused, damaged, or had anything broken - everything on the truck is in perfect shape, and not one thing needs to be replaced. The supercharger makes it great for towing and highway merging!

I can honestly say all that with a clear conscience. The thing has been a total road queen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would personnally love to have your truck but I too am a person with reservations about buying someone elses modded rig. I would love to get a SC for my truck sometime, and all the 4x4 conversion stuff I need lol

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I would personnally love to have your truck but I too am a person with reservations about buying someone elses modded rig.
Good example of how it works in public. Do a lot of mods, baby it, but, no returns
when time to sell. I have seen trucks at $70,000 invested, but, try to sell for $35k or $40 and have a hard time getting it.

Good luck.
Good point. The truck is babied, but, need to convince everyone it is.

I can honestly say all that with a clear conscience. The thing has been a total road queen.
I believe it has been babied. I know too, I have a 2000 that is babied as well, and only has 23,000 miles. But, the book says, it is worth....X. I am not selling, but, I hear ya story. I would pull that SC if you can and sell separately. There is a demand for them as being rare. More value for you, if you can do it this way. Good luck with your sale and hope it works out okay.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So for everyone saying that I should take the S/C off and sell it separately: What would it take to do that? I purchased the truck with the S/C on it, so I don't have any of the stock parts that were on there before-hand. Would I just have to take it to the dealership and have them take it off or is it more involved? Would I need to reprogram the truck, buy new parts for it, etc...? If it's a simple unbolt and purchase of a new belt, I can handle that - but if it's going to cost me a significant amount on money to have it taken off, I think I may as well just leave it on. Advice?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, 1st check out kelly blue book, & NADA.
to me, from the picture it doesn't look like it was set up to be babied.
but i'm not there.
look under the truck.
look in places for mud/rocks ,etc.
look for heavy build up of mud, etc.
who knows the guy could have pressure cleaned the whole truck from top to bottom.
degreased the engine, and had it professionaly detailed.
i know i do them. you would never know the truck was ever in the mud, sand, & through the wood's.
why do you need a wench? humm....
does it also have a rear trailer hitch? does it look used?
put your hand on top of the frame, especially in the rear.
you can also reach up behind the rear bumper.
personally you would get alot for the s/c. 2500.
but you will miss the power, & you will be sorry.
like other's said your coming up for major work to be done.
so all the money you get for the s/c will go right back into the tundra for your 100,000 miles service.
you will see, alot of TS members always are looking for more power.
so for you to give it up,by selling the trd s/c, you might end up changing your rims & tires.
i don't want to scare you out of buying it. we all i'm sure want you to buy 1 with less headaches.
especially down the road.
good luck in your decision, which ever way you go,
gorilla
P.S. i looked up both, no where does it allow for the trd s/c. but the price is if god forbid you totaled it. retail is between 6375 to 11,500. that is excellent cond. retail sale. trd s/c go for on ebay 2500 plus max 1g to install.
you ask yourself now what do you want to do, & offer the guy.
if he was to trade it in, they might give him 6 to 7g's maybe top's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi, 1st check out kelly blue book, & NADA.
to me, from the picture it doesn't look like it was set up to be babied.
but i'm not there.
look under the truck.
look in places for mud/rocks ,etc.
look for heavy build up of mud, etc.
who knows the guy could have pressure cleaned the whole truck from top to bottom.
degreased the engine, and had it professionaly detailed.
i know i do them. you would never know the truck was ever in the mud, sand, & through the wood's.
why do you need a wench? humm....
does it also have a rear trailer hitch? does it look used?
put your hand on top of the frame, especially in the rear.
you can also reach up behind the rear bumper.
personally you would get alot for the s/c. 2500.
but you will miss the power, & you will be sorry.
like other's said your coming up for major work to be done.
so all the money you get for the s/c will go right back into the tundra for your 100,000 miles service.
you will see, alot of TS members always are looking for more power.
so for you to give it up,by selling the trd s/c, you might end up changing your rims & tires.
i don't want to scare you out of buying it. we all i'm sure want you to buy 1 with less headaches.
especially down the road.
good luck in your decision, which ever way you go,
gorilla
P.S. i looked up both, no where does it allow for the trd s/c. but the price is if god forbid you totaled it. retail is between 6375 to 11,500. that is excellent cond. retail sale. trd s/c go for on ebay 2500 plus max 1g to install.
you ask yourself now what do you want to do, & offer the guy.
if he was to trade it in, they might give him 6 to 7g's maybe top's.
Haha... much appreciated, but I'm the seller. Other than the timing belt, all major 90k mile services are done to this vehicle. There's literally no maintenance about to come up with it.

I don't have the stock parts from when the S/C was put on, so in parts alone I'm looking at several hundred dollars, plus the labor to switch it out. I don't have that kind of money to spend, so I'm just going to have to be patient. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts