What all do I need to ask my local Line X dealer before I get the truck sprayed? Also, can you recommend a dealer in Birmingham, AL that I can trust to do a good job?
only thing i'd do differently is not remove those tie downs...assuming we are talking about the ones in the corners of the bed...to me it looks dumb to have a spray in liner and then have these things body color that take more abuse and the paint chips from actually using them...jsut leave them in there and they will spray them too. now if by tie downs we are talking about the utility rails then by allmeans remove them.Here's my thoughts:
1. Talk to the dealer and ask them to explain step by step how they do the work.
2. Ask them if they do work for any of the dealerships/body shops in your area (if they do, they should be able to do a good job for you).
3. If you have anything else you want coated on your truck or around the house get them to throw it into the deal.
4. Make sure they plan to remove the tailgate access panel (and mask the internal portion of the tailgate), tie downs and all hardware (screws, mounting bolts, bed bolts) and plug the tapped holes on the bed walls where the bed rails mount).
5. Make sure they tighten everything back down, the bed is aligned properly and the tailgate opens and closes freely after they finish and before you leave.
That is about what I paid for mine so those prices are in the ballpark.Thanks for all the replies. Is the Line x Xtra worth the xtra money? I have been told by a couple of dealers that it realy is just a matter of looks vs durability. One place said he wouldnt recommend it and another said that they do a lot of it but it is personal preference. I have been quoted $425-$450 for the regular Line x and $700 for the color matched Line x Xtra. Are these prices about right? One shop said it would take 4-5 hours and the other said 2.5-3 hours. Thanks for the help.
Are you glad that you went with the black how does it look? Roll tide btw I am from Birmingham but been living in Louisiana for a few years now.Thanks. I ended up using Chris at Line X of Pelham. $600 out the door for black Line X Xtra. I am very pleased with the outcome.