Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
That's almost $3200 for wheels alone. Tires, mounting , balance, alignment etc is crazy !!

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Yeep, not worth it IMO. I know those Volks are amazingly light, which would no doubt drop a tenth or two in the quarter mile over the 33-37 lb stockers, but for the cost difference you would be much better off putting the money towards a supercharger and leave the stock rims in place.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Those wheels are all about reducing un sprung weight to improve steering and suspension compliance, which they probably excel at. Those would be really nice hooked up to a long travel suspension for a desert bomber like a Ford Raptor like build. The acceleration benefits are there too, but the handling benefits are the real advantage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yup, Volk. Made mostly for the import tuner crowd;
they are supposed to be very light, very strong and very expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
About 18.9lbs from what I read for an 18".
That's really low weight for a truck wheel.

I've always wondered - in comparison, how much more would the 22" forged TRDs weigh? I know some of the extra weight would be made up by the lesser sidewall of the tire, but who knows...

Maybe someone with the TRDs could give us that info?

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
That's really low weight for a truck wheel.

I've always wondered - in comparison, how much more would the 22" forged TRDs weigh? I know some of the extra weight would be made up by the lesser sidewall of the tire, but who knows...

Maybe someone with the TRDs could give us that info?
The off-road 18" are 33 lbs, Limited 20" are 37 lbs. I would guess the 22" are around 40 lbs, maybe a bit less since they are forged.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts